The Field Analyst will provide Measurement and Product Validation leadership to the organization to ensure hydrocarbon products are accurately measured and accounted for through application of standard operating procedures, best practices and training.
The Analyst role will provide support to corporate and field operations, measurement and product validation activities.
The Analyst will be required to evaluate customer needs and act upon customer requirements after careful global team planning.
The Analyst will assume responsibility for the successful implementation of plans in a defined area of responsibility through strong business acumen and coordination to complete interrelated project goals.
The Analyst will provide periodic assessment of progress and team capabilities to ensure transparency during advancement and completion of goals.
The Analyst will publish clear, concise, and timely communication on their measurement and product validation activities.
- Two years experience working in pipeline, gathering or plant operations to achieve accurate measurement of hydrocarbon gas and liquid product. Utilizing orifice, ultrasonic, coriolis measurement devices, portable and stationary chromatographs, and H2O, H2S, O2, BS&W and Color analyzers.
- A demonstrated knowledge of AGA, API, and GPA Standards with application of the Standards to achieve measurement accuracy and contractual measurement compliance.
- Experience in mentoring, lead or supervisory role with ability and desire to work in varied locations on different measurement assignments.
- Proven computer skills including proficiency with measurement applications such as ABB, Fisher, Thermo Flow, FlowCal, Agilent and Inficon, SCADA applications, drafting applications, and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel to meet field and corporate measurement customer service needs.
- Willingness to adhere to the Anadarko Core Values (Integrity and Trust, Servant Leadership, People and Passion, Commercial Focus, Open Communication)
- Develop training programs and conduct training to increase personnel awareness toward standardization with emphasis on publishing, reviewing and owning Measurement Best Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. Thereby elevating measurement technician knowledge and competency to achieve measurement technician certification.
- Evaluate field and corporate measurement processes and provide recommendation for improved efficiency with emphasis on accurate measurement data reporting.
- Provide technical support to measurement facility and plant startup activities including, review of project proposals, review of P&IDs, support to construction activities including commissioning of measurement product validation equipment.
- Troubleshoot and identify measurement operation issues, provide root cause analysis and draft resolution recommendations.
- Audit field measurement facilities and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement to measurement standardization, best practices, and operational efficiencies to ensure contractual measurement compliance.
- Provide leadership to field technicians performing chromatographic analysis of hydrocarbon samples through training, support, troubleshooting and auditing.
- Technical degree or transferrable professional technical work experience preferred.
- Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
The position is eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 45-65%.
Travel is within the continental United States, primarily but not limited to the Rocky Mountain region.
This position is a salaried position, typically Monday-Friday
Anadarko Petroleum has ventured beyond its original area of operation -- the Anadarko Basin -- to explore for, develop, produce, and market...