Job Id 11570 - Posted 09/14/2012 - Sales - Americas - United States - Colorado - Englewood
Now Hiring an Experienced Lighting Field Application Engineer.
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Lighting Field Application Engineer in the Northwest Region.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) will provide comprehensive technical support for lighting applications and solutions. This position will be involved with customer presentations, product introductions, and technical sales training for the local Arrow Electronics sales team and will work with Arrow Electronics field sales management and marketing managers to develop and execute successful demand creation strategies for customers within Arrow and selected lighting products suppliers. Interface and collaborate with a number of Arrow internal resources, as well as supplier and 3rd party contacts when appropriate.
at one time.
- Minimum BSEE or equivalent of 5 years of hands-on experience across major components of lighting solution sell; LED''s; power management, thermal management and optics. .
- Understand and deliver full gamut of solutions for lighting applications including component level, system/module and manufacturing alternatives.
- Diverse experience with major lighting suppliers'' products and technologies.
- Basic understanding of the lighting industry market forces and dynamics.
- Communication Skills: Ability to understand a customer needs and to probe for answers, and then determine a solution and advocate that solution to the customer. Ability to relate to design engineers across many various applications. Effective presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to converse with lighting sales and marketing managers about basic business issues.
- Time management skills: ability to manage multiple projects and activities
matching Arrow line card, with experience with lighting products and technology preferred
- 10 years design or applications engineering experience with key suppliers
Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world''s largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine''s 'Most Admired Companies''. Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow employees work on many technology advancements, around the globe, in many different markets. Arrow's has created an environment that fosters growth and development, through collaboration with our co-workers, customers and suppliers. Our team at Arrow is working toward a common goal-success for Arrow and our partners.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Arrow - 13 months ago
Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products,...