Job Id 18681 - Posted 01/28/2013 - Sales - Americas - United States - Georgia - Duluth
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Field Application Engineer for Altera products in our Atlanta, GA location.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) will provide comprehensive technical support for customer circuit design and system development, with an emphasis on Altera FPGA products. You will be involved with customer presentations, semiconductor product introductions, and technical sales training for the local Arrow Electronics sales team. You will work with Arrow Electronics field sales management and marketing managers to develop and execute successful demand creation strategies for Arrow and selected digital and analog semiconductor suppliers.
- BSEE or equivalent of 3-5 years of hands-on Altera design experience and various semiconductor products, or equivalent applications engineering
- Working knowledge and design experience with embedded systems, circuit design, and Altera products and design tools, with additional experience in some of the following areas: firmware, microcontroller development tools, microcontrollers, digital signal processing, mixed signal, analog, and power management.
- Diverse experience with major semiconductor suppliers'' products and technologies.
- Basic understanding of Semiconductor and Electronics industry market forces and dynamics.
- Communication Skills: Ability to understand a customer needs and to probe for answers, and then determine a solution and advocate that solution to the customer. Ability to relate to design engineers across many various applications.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to converse with semiconductor sales and marketing managers about basic business issues.
- Time management skills: ability to manage multiple projects and activities at one time.
- 10 years design or applications engineering experience with key suppliers matching Arrow line card, with extensive experience with Altera products or other FPGA technology.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Arrow - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products,...