Job Id 23205 - Posted 06/20/2013 - Engineering - Americas - United States - Indiana - Indianapolis
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Field Application Engineer based in our Indianapolis market.
The Field Application Engineer is responsible for identifying and driving demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs. Has a broad understanding of the customer needs and can creatively leverage Arrow’s engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate solutions for customers. Partner with the sales teams on account strategies by providing deep technical support and consulting to promote design wins, maximized margins, and market share. Build and further develop relationships with customer engineers and engineering management at Sr. levels; as well as, supplier reps. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales. Has a deep and broad understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs, including vertical segmentation.
This position requires a minimum of 10 - 15 % travel per year.
- Demand Creation: Customer facing activities. Drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs. Has an advanced understanding of the customer’s needs and leverage Arrow’s engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate solutions for customers. Apply intermediate technical expertise to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies
- Strategic role: Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions.
- Customer Support: Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing more advanced technical support and consulting to promote demand creation
- Products & Training: Attend supplier trainings in person and via conference calls. Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs.
- Relationships: Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Arrow - 14 months ago
Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products,...