Reporting to the Director, EPC Sales the Field Application Engineer is responsible for using consultative electrical technical expertise and selling techniques to grow and support General Cable’s strategic sales objectives. This position must establish effective relationships with the engineering consultants, contractors, inspectors, and end users in order to become a recognized solution provider for General Cable preferred product applications and provide technical solutions that promote GCC products.
We are seeking a candidate who can effectively partner with the Sales Associates, Product Managers and Manufacturer’s Representatives. in order to properly service our customers. Collaboration is required between the FAE, Sales Associates, Product Managers and Manufacturer’s Representatives in order to successfully convert projects into sales.
- An undergraduate engineering degree
- Three or more years of experience in the electrical or construction industry.
- Demonstrated experiences in project designs, installations, management, sales, and marketing are desirable.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage the technical sales process and facilitate the commercialization process.
- Proven ability to identify unmet needs and influence customer decision making.
- Knowledge of the products and applications for the products that General Cable offers is preferred.
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written) in both formal (presentations) and informal formats and proficient capability with standard business software.
General Cable - 20 months ago