Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR) is one of the largest providers of lasers and optical components, modules and subsystems for the optical communications, industrial, and consumer laser markets. The company is a global leader dedicated to photonics innovation, with cutting-edge research and development (R&D) and chip fabrication facilities in the U.S., U.K., Italy, Switzerland, Israel, Korea and Japan.
This position contributes to Oclaro's bottom line by being an integral part of the sales process by providing technical support to some of the largest telecommunications companies in North America. The FAE's primary responsiblities are:
- Become the lead technical representative to the customer for Oclaro high bit rate products.
- Act as the technical interface to Oclaro R&D, Sales, Manufacturing and Quality organizations.
- Establish strong relationship with customers to ensure good understanding of customer’s needs and to develop sales opportunities.Identify potential local design wins opportunities with new and existing customers
- Work with Oclaro Sales Account Managers to develop a long-term strategic engagement from both technical and business perspective.
- Provide technical support and address quality issues of customers including problem resolution of quality issues; acting as the key liaison between internal teams and customers.
- Track and report sales activities progress inclusive of revenue, market share changes on monthly basis
Requirements and Qualifications
- BSEE, with a MSEE preferred.
- Dynamic and flexible approach with customers, problems and solutions
- 3-5 year experience supporting optical components, optical tranciever design experience preferred.
- Self-motivated team player and able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and individuals at all levels
- Moderate travel required
Oclaro - 17 months ago