• Provide Phoenix Contact customers and sales channel (ASE, ISE, PE and Phoenix Phirst partners) with on-site pre-sales technical support, programming, startup assistance, and training to insure successful specification and implementation of Phoenix Contact product line.
• Develop system solution proposal and system layout.
• Develop wireless solutions based on GPS coordinates, site surveys, and TAPS propagation software.
• Program, troubleshoot, specify, and maintain PLC and PC-based control systems.
• Identify controller and I/O faults, diagnose specific cause, remove and replace defective product, debug control program, and start up system successfully.
• Provide training to customers (control engineers, electricians, and operators) and Phoenix Contact sales channel on the proper procedures and techniques to program, install, and maintain control PLC’s, Ethernet infrastructure, Wireless Radios, and Fieldbus I/O systems.
• Provide technical support for pre-sales and post-sales activities throughout USA.
• Provide on-site system design, programming, and start-up assistance for Phoenix Contact products throughout USA.
• Be on call for emergency service when required.
• Develop PC Worx function blocks and programming templates.
• Develop Steeplechase VLC flowcharts.
• Provide customers and sales channel technical phone support on Phoenix Contact product line.
• Willing, able, and capable of supporting technical needs of Phoenix Contact Infomobile, Trade Shows, and Tech Centers.
• Four-year degree (BSEE/EE or CIMT) preferred or two-year electronics degree and equivalent experience.
• PC and Windows based software experience required.
• Ethernet infrastructure, Profinet, Profibus, Modbus, INTERBUS, DeviceNet, Ethernet IP, and Wireless systems knowledge required.
• Control systems design and programming experience required.
• Ability to work independently – ability to effectively perform with limited supervision.
• Ability to train others in programming, troubleshooting, and maintaining control systems.
• Ability to provide on-site technical support that results in customer application success with Phoenix Contact products.
• Ability to conduct wireless site surveys.
• Ability to assist with wireless system startup, training, and troubleshooting.
• Ability to work with Phoenix Contact sales channel, customer, and corporate headquarters developing and implementing customer technical support plan that results in customer satisfaction, increased mindshare, and increased sales.
• Ability to travel on short notice and be on call.
• Valid drivers license.
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Professional appearance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Experience in electrical/electronics industry.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Travel required, up to 50% of time.
• Ability to set priorities and perform tasks simultaneously.
• Comply with company policies regarding attendance, attire and punctuality.
• Must be able to use a computer keyboard for data entry & use a computer mouse.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 4 hours at a time.
• Must be able to view a computer monitor for up to 8 hours a day.
• Must be able to work in a team environment to provide customers with excellent service in a timely manner.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to travel by airplane and car for periods up to 8 hours.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION: (if applicable)
Phoenix Contact - 13 months ago