Consider a career with us:
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world’s leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity’s long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. With nearly 90,000 employees in over 50 countries, TE Connectivity makes connections the world relies on to work flawlessly every day. To connect with the company, visit: www.TE.com .
The DataCommunications business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for an experienced field application engineer in Menlo Park, CA to support a key customer at their location. The business unit has determined that, for our key customers, having knowledgeable engineering presence on-site is critical to long-term success in supporting our customers’ product and design needs and in advancing our Company’s interests.
The resident engineer will serve as a technical resource for our customers’ engineers and program / platform managers by providing technical expertise, design work, product application information, and general support for strategic customers. The resident engineer will be a significant interface between TE Connectivity’s sales and engineering organizations and our customers.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Be the initial point of contact for customer’s local engineering group
- Function as the technical interface between the customer’s engineers and the TE engineering community on all existing products as well as focus on new product development opportunities
- Actively contribute to new product development opportunities for TE at the customer with the ability to provide conceptual design
- Interact directly with customer account(s) on a daily basis and coordinate the deliverables related to customer projects including new products, modifications to existing products, test studies, signal integrity modeling, and any other development efforts
- Establish relationships with key customer engineering contacts and decision makers
- Gain a solid understanding of customer’s product set and future roadmap
- Gain a solid understanding of TE DataComm’s products and future roadmap
- Use VOC (Voice of Customer) tools to understand the accounts’ technology, strategic direction, and electronic connectivity needs. Communicate these needs to internal Tyco Electronics teams to initiate projects
- Support a cross-functional, global team specific to the customer. The team may consist of a Program Manager, Quality Engineering, Logistics, Procurement, Operations, and Sales.
- Penetrate customers’ design cycle to be involved in the early stages of new product / platform planning
- Work closely with internal engineering teams to insure that they are meeting the customers’ needs and be a conduit to the customer
- Represent and be an advocate for the customer.
- Support product & process qualifications
- Support existing applications and products including tolerance analysis, application evaluation, and testing
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Engineering required (Electrical / Mechanical / Systems discipline preferred)
- At least 4 – 8 years of engineering experience in networking industry
- Knowledge of general manufacturing processes of stamping, molding, plating, and automated product assembly desired
- Experience in development engineering and participation in full product development cycle
- Prefer candidates with some knowledge of electronics components, preferably in one or more of our product lines (connectors, electronics relays, wire & cable)
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective project leadership
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize
- Strong interpersonal & negotiating skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside of the organization
- Computer proficient including 3D Design Applications
- Ability and willingness to travel as required, mainly regionally
- Ability and willingness to be a remote-based employee with limited personal interaction with immediate TE supervisor
- Successful candidates will have strong ability to work independently
- Outstanding networking, influencing, and listening skills
TE Connectivity - 14 months ago