Field Applications Scientists/Specialists (FAS) assist customers with the use of the Affymetrix Systems and related technologies through both remote and on-site customer interactions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- System technologies to be supported are: Hardware systems, Data analysis software, Molecular biology assays for quantitative and qualitative genomic analyses
- Assist the sales team with pre- and post-sales activities at seminars and workshops
- Contribute to group projects within the applications support department
- Provide technical support to users and answer customer inquiries
- Provide instructions on the use of our systems and related technologies with demonstrations and on-site training
- Troubleshoot problems incurred by users
- Design and delivery of formal training courses and participation in product pre-launch activities.
- Maintain records of customer communications and technical support functions through available CRM tools
- Participates in trainings and trade shows
- Comply to the companies regulatory and quality processes
- Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities
- Responds to internal and external inquiries
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
- Provides mentorship if applicable
- Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs
Yrs of related experience:
Competencies: (skills, knowledge, abilities)
Experience with molecular biology techniques in research or clinical lab
Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques in research or clinical lab, written and oral communication
Field work/home office
Field work/home office
Level of Autonomy and Complexity:
- Understands customer needs at a technical level; is able to manage simple customer issues unsupervised but needs supervisory input for more complex issues; understands molecular mechanisms of all supported assays, instruments and software.
- Complies with standard practices and procedures to solve routine issues of limited scope.
- Impact restricted to processes related to assigned tasks; error or failure to achieve objectives has limited impact on organization.
- Needs to manage customer issues with some supervisory input.
Affymetrix (AFFX) is a pioneer in creating breakthrough tools that are driving the genomic revolution. Affymetrix technology is used by the world's top pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as leading academic, government, and nonprofit research institutes. The vision, innovation, and devotion of Affymetrix employees help us empower scientists around the world to alleviate human suffering. It is not just the sheer power of our technology that inspires us; it is the potential for it to help people.
Our employees create a highly energized, team-oriented work environment. We are an employer committed to supporting the aspirations and achievements of our employees and offer our employees a comprehensive, competitive program of benefits and a corporate culture based on core values of daring, passionate and platinum.
***Affymetrix is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected status. Our commitment to a diverse workforce is demonstrated through all aspects of our hiring and employment practices. ***
A pioneer in microarray technology and a leader in genomics analysis, Affymetrix now develops and provides innovative technologies that...