The Field Claim Representative I is responsible for investigating, evaluating, negotiating and settling assigned claims involving multi-line insurance coverage. This includes investigating the cause of the loss, interpret the policy, and determine whether the loss is covered and if Farm Bureau should pay the claim. The incumbent also determines the value of lost property and assists in setting reasonable reserves.
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to FBL Financial Group, Inc., policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner for external customers, departmental staff, and other FBL personnel at all times.
• Contribute to the financial success of Farm Bureau by effectively determining if losses are covered under the terms of an existing policy.
• Set priorities and plan activities to manage an inventory of selected field investigation assignments in a manner that meets quantity and quality job expectations and service standards within the Field Claim Representative’s authority. Be thorough and imaginative in investigations.
• Project a positive image of Farm Bureau by fairly and efficiently negotiating and settling claims with all customers.
• Assist in ensuring efficient operations during natural disasters by resolving claims during storm operations.
• Assure claims are settled in accordance with regulations and policy language by keeping current with existing and pending claims precedents and legislation.
• College degree required; with a focus in marketing, management or insurance preferred.
• A valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Records are required.
• Some travel under a variety of weather conditions with overnight stays.
• Computer proficiency a must, with strong Microsoft Office product knowledge.
• Must attend training schools as required.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Reasonably regular and predictable attendance.
FBL Financial Group, Inc - 7 months ago