The Field Claim Representative is responsible for investigating, evaluating, negotiating and settling claim assignments involving mulit-line insurance claims, with an emphasis on property damage. The successful candidate will be responsible for claims in Southeast Kansas (included counties of Cherokee, Crawford or Labette). Incumbent must reside in or near assigned territory, as the office will be in Altamont. Responsibilities include: |
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to FBL Financial Group, Inc., policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner for external customers, departmental staff, and other FBL personnel at all times.
• Contribute to the financial success of FBL by effectively determining if losses are covered under the terms of an existing policy.
• Set priorities and plan activities to manage an inventory of selected field investigation assignments in a manner that meets quantity and quality job expectations and service standards within the Field Claim Representative’s authority. Be thorough and imaginative in investigations.
• Determine the cause and origin of property losses. Ability to write property damage estimates a plus.
• Agricultural background a plus
• Maintain professional and productive relationships with agents, agency managers, claimants, policyholders, doctors, attorneys, contractors and others so as to bring credit to the Business Center and the company. Keep a service-oriented attitude at all times.
• Assist in ensuring efficient operations during natural disasters by resolving claims during storm operations.
• Assure claims are settled in accordance with regulations and policy language by keeping current with existing and pending claims precedents and legislation.
• Document investigations, evaluations, recommendations, and plans of action.
• Cooperate with departments to ensure the aims and objectives of FBL are achieved.
College graduate or equivalent plus two years field adjusting or similar experience required.
Must have or attain Associate in Claims (AIC) or Senior Claims Law Associate (SCLA) designation within four years.
Completion of 2 parts CPCU required within two years.
Certificate in General Insurance preferred.
A valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Records are required.
Must be able to work under all kinds of weather conditions and fully appraise all physical aspects of the property and buildings.
Some travel with overnight stays.
Familiarity with Windows operating system, Lotus Notes, and CICS or Iowa system preferred.
Home building or home remodeling experience is helpful.
Must attend training schools as required.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
Strong verbal written communication skills.
Reasonably regular and predictable attendance.
FBL Financial Group, Inc - 22 months ago