Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $27 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com .
Be the face of Assurant Specialty Property, expressing your tireless nature, compassion and genuine concern for others. Honor the Assurant promise to treat our customers fairly and with respect. Associate will use their fact-finding skills to adjust and settle simple to moderate claims independently.
Field Adjuster Positions Offer:
- Gain advanced knowledge of company products and services.
- Inspect losses, and interpret and explain policy coverage.
- Document claims transactions, and prepare and forward reports.
- Obtain reports, appraisals and statements from witnesses.
- Prepare estimates after documenting damages/losses.
- Collect data and information by conferring with and interviewing persons associated in any way with the case, and secure written statements and copies of policy as claim records.
- Going into undesirable neighborhoods, vacant/foreclosed homes. Responds to catastrophes and other temporary assignments that may be outside of their territory - such assignments may be made with short notice and last for an indefinite period.
A significant portion of these duties will be performed outside of the office.
- Work from home.
- Company car, laptop, cell phone.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Company-subsidized group benefits and vacation.
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
For information regarding Field Staff Adjuster opportunities, please visit www.assurantspecialtyproperty.com/fsa
Required skills / experience
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 or more years of property claims adjusting experience.
- Ability to write residential and mobile home repair estimates.
- Advanced problem solving skills; excellent communication and basic negotiation skills.
- PC literate with functional skills in word-processing software applications and residential estimating systems.
- Responds to catastrophes and other temporary assignments that may be outside of their territory - such assignments may be made with short notice and last for an indefinite period.
- Acceptable credit and good driving record required.
- Higher level will be considered commensurate on experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or listen, and drive. The employee is also frequently required to stand; walk; climb; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl over and across uneven surfaces. This includes climbing or crawling into confined spaces such as an attic or crawlspace. The employee must be able to climb to heights of ten to twenty feet using a ladder. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; hot, cold and possible other extreme weather conditions and vibration.
Desired skills / experience
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k with profit sharing, generous paid time off and much more.
- Preferred P&C adjuster license.
- College degree.
- Construction knowledge.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://jobs.assurant.com/
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 30348
Assurant - 17 months ago
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...