Bowman Consulting has an opening for a Field Coordinator in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
Bowman Consulting delivers real estate, energy and infrastructure solutions to public and private markets throughout the country. A focused growth strategy has allowed Bowman to more than double in size over the last three years, operating twenty offices nationwide with a leading-edge staff of over 400. We have our sights set on doubling again in the next few years, further increasing our value to our clients. This growth strategy, along with outstanding client relationships, enables Bowman to anticipate the needs of the marketplace and respond to its demands through new service offerings, locations and solutions. Bowman is an adept and energetic firm with a results-oriented attitude. We focus on exceeding expectations and give our clients peace of mind by providing exceptional service.
We offer the depth of resources that one expects from a large design firm. At the same time, we operate with a degree of flexibility typically found only in boutique firms. Led by many of our fields' most respected professionals, we attract and retain the industry's best and brightest.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule survey projects.
- Assign personnel to survey crews daily.
- Give instructions to survey crews on each assignment, suggesting efficient approaches.
- Provide assistance to survey crews in the field, often by telephone.
- Debrief Survey Party Chief on daily operations on a regular basis.
- Gather information needed by field crews.
- Provide miscellaneous computing as needed to complete the sheets for stake-outs, etc.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment needed by survey crews.
- Participate in staff administration by reviewing survey crew performance and making recommendations to management.
- Identify controls for property lines and make the appropriate decisions regarding how to proceed with the survey.
- Gather all necessary information needed to properly conduct the survey in the most time efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members.
- Consult with clients, contractors, field personnel, engineering and planning staff on survey matters.
- High school diploma or GED, and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience.
- College or technical degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience working on a land surveying party, including experience at the party chief level.
- Experience should include thorough knowledge of Natural Gas pipeline construction surveys, Well Plat surveys for well permit applications, ALTA Land Title Surveys, topographic surveys, boundary surveys, residential and commercial construction stakeout procedures and practices.
- Must be willing to work in the field as needed and perform a variety of complex computations for traverse, record plats, boundary surveys, construction stake-outs, horizontal and vertical control, post processing, process and resolve field data.
- Through knowledge of total station and data collection, with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies.
- Ability to work outside in all seasons.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
Bowman Consulting Group - 12 months ago