This position is responsible for all duties associated with and related to the safe, efficient and cost effective installation and maintenance of natural gas facilities and appurtenances on both transmission and distribution natural gas systems per 49CFR Part 192, Piedmont Natural Gas policies and procedures and local/state regulations.
Note: This position may be filled as a Field Customer Service Representative I or as a Trainee depending on experience.
Field Customer Service Representative
The following list is not intended to be all inclusive of duties and responsibilities as needed and required. Minimum time in this position will be one year.
- Learn and assist with duties related to installing, maintaining, repairing, relocating, and retiring new or existing natural gas facilities and appurtenances.
- Drive a company vehicle; At management’s discretion a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) may be required to be obtained and then maintained within the first six months of entering the Rep I position;
- Inspect above ground appurtenances for atmospheric corrosion;
- Paint above ground appurtenances;
- Read Meters
- Re-program ERT’s;
- Hang door tags;
- Work tenant changes;
- Turn off meter/DNP;
- Perform store room duties;
- On-call rotation
- General maintenance/custodial duties;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED;
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude;
- Basic knowledge and use of construction tools;
- Basic PC knowledge working in a Windows environment;
- Demonstrated effective communication (Verbal and Written) and interpersonal skills and safety awareness;
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. (CDL may be required based upon need).
- Advanced knowledge and use of construction tools and or construction equipment;
- Experience in diagnostics and troubleshooting of mechanical and/or electrical equipment;
- 2 Years technical school education or the equivalent job related knowledge and appropriate gas piping related license;
- Possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL);
- Previous experience with plumbing, electrical, heating and air installation/maintenance.
Must work outdoors in adverse weather conditions; lifting up to 75 lbs; frequent walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, squatting, stooping, crawling, standing, digging, climbing; works on uneven terrain, many times with heavy vegetation; manual dexterity (hand/eye coordination); keen eyesight; good hearing; good sense of smell; comes in frequent contact with insects and animals; ability to use breathing apparatus when responding to gas leaks.
Weekend and evening work as required. Subject to extended working hours and must be available for call-out and emergency response. Some rotating shifts.
Piedmont Natural Gas - 4 months ago