Provides senior level guidance and direction to Field Management team in all aspects of data collections process. Directs and develops field staff, and manages cost and progress of all studies. Ensures and enhances quality and timeliness of all projects. Serves as an advisor on sampling/sample sources to project teams.
1. Manages multiple, complex research projects through the data collection process, trouble-shooting and resolving problems and providing cost effective, timely solutions.
2. Negotiates bids, select vendors, and monitor vendor quality and pricing.
3. Consults with project management on assigned projects, serving as primary day-to-day point of contact. Effectively manages client and vendor expectations.
4. Provides project consultation on study design, questionnaire testing, and sampling issues. Provides high-level problem-solving on all data collection issues.
5. Develop, train and manage field staff, providing solid leadership and support to team.
6. Enhance quality, timeliness, and financial performance of all projects managed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
B.A. and/or MA in related field
Native fluency in Mandarin required, proficiency in Cantonese a plus
5+ years data collection experience, preferably with market research supplier
Experience managing staff, budgets, time lines, and sub-contractor selection
Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects
Strong project management, client management, negotiations, and leadership skills
Ability to make decisions, exercise judgment, and interface effectively with all levels of staff
Strong customer service orientation