Job Posting Title Field Engineer Co-op-MECT Reference Code EXT-NB00001323-E-01 Company Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify. Department Mass. Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. Based in Dallas, Texas, our transit service includes signal, overhead contact systems, traction power and communications systems for clients nationwide. Tasks *Perform engineering work in connection with large-scale construction projects. This includes operation planning, cost control, project scheduling, quantity tracking, material procurement, contract administration, estimating and supervision of field activities.
Requirements *Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program in engineering, construction management or related degree, or equivalent experience in a construction related position.
- Perform engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during construction.
- Maintain records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
- May assist in planning and scheduling of job and/or job segments.
- Investigate problems and/or reported incidents; identify and recommend solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
- Review plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
- Work with subcontractors/suppliers as required facilitating the handling and expediting delivery of materials.
- May be involved in the district estimating unit. This involves quantity takeoffs, site visits, estimating the work, sitting in on estimate reviews and helping to close out the bid.
Employment Type Full-Time City Houston
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Works independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be willing and able to travel and relocate.
- Must be a self starter, willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
Kiewit Corporation - 9 months ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of e...