MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct initial site visit and make design recommendations.
• Serve as onsite installation project technician/leader.
• Make on-site visits to current projects to monitor quality of work produced by the installation crew and ensure installer’s compliance with industry standards.
• Manage assigned projects in accordance to project management guidelines.
• Perform Installation Coordination activities.
• Visit trouble sites and take necessary corrective action.
• Keep the Project Manager/Installation Coordinator advised on the status of current projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 3-5 years experience in the voice/data cable installation industry
• Proficient installing and terminating Cat3, Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, CATV
• Proficient in router/switch installation
• Proficient in VOIP installations
• Router configuration experience preferred (CCNA or equivalent)
• Experience installing light electrical
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to follow through assigned tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints
• Proficiency in Microsoft operating systems and applications (Visio, Excel, Word)
• Good driving record
• Physical demands: Candidate must be able to lift up to 60 lbs and have the ability to climb a ladder.
• Visual ability: Visual accommodation is necessary for reading blueprints and computer screen.
• Hearing ability: Must be able to make and receive phone calls.
• Working conditions: Candidate will be subject to high noise levels, physical exposure to moving machinery, and exposure to fumes, dust, and mists.
Scope of Contacts
• Incumbent will interface with most internal departments and will have a high degree of interface with external customers.
• High school diploma
• Technical degree from a trade school is desirable
Contingent was originally founded in 1984 as a fiber optic infrastructure services company. Since then, Contingent has dramatically...