The Field Engineer I will be responsible for being the first point of contact for Sanjel customers and field personnel on job site and will provide technical support on location to ensure proper job execution. A Field Engineer I will apply knowledge and skills obtained during training and will work with one specific service line.
- Reviews job program proposal from Technical Specialist to understand treatment specifications and prepare for job.
- May assist Technical Specialists in writing job designs/proposals as needed.
- Work closely with Operations in pre-job planning; confers with Technical Specialists, Operations, and Service Line Coordinators to develop and implement job operating procedures; ensure all materials and equipment needed to perform job will be on site.
- Assist Service Line Coordinator in determining calculations for chemical additives and concentrations for treatments.
- Present job design proposals, specifications, and procedures to customer on job site.
- Foster and maintain customer relations by establishing a positive image and confidence in the quality of services by being a point of contact for questions regarding product, equipment and procedures.
- Conduct pre and post job analyses (i.e. pre-job chemical, mud and water testing, breaker tests, tank strapping; post-job information review- pressure response charts, etc).
- Assist field operations with rig-in/outs as needed.
- Provide onsite technical support for customers and Sanjel field operations team; support supervisors on location throughout all phases of job with (help with volumes, flushes, pad extensions, lengthening stages, chemical loadings, etc).
- Conduct quality control tests during job (i.e. fluid testing) to ensure proper delivery of service; make changes/corrections as required; utilize and apply sound engineering principles on the job.
- Investigate and evaluate any job difficulties and/or failures to diagnose faulty operations.
- Partner with Engineering Manager or District Engineer to recommend opportunities for improvement, and provide feedback to Technical Specialists on customer problems and needs.
- Prepare post-job reports / summaries for Technical Specialists.
- Verify job tickets before Field Operations submits them to the customer.
- Follow up with customer after service to ensure all aspects of the job were completed to expectations.
- All other duties assigned.
- 4 year degree in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering field
- 1 year field engineering experience and/or completion of Sanjel Field Engineer Training program
- Strong communication skills- verbal and written
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, judgment and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work a 15 days on, 6 days off schedule and availability to be on-call 24/7; travel up to 100% of the time required.
- Exceptional computer skills; must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications~
Sanjel Corporation - 12 months ago