This position is located in Kermit, TX as a member of the WestTexas Production Engineering Team. The candidate will work in a team environment supervising Production Engineers while interacting with reservoir engineers, geologists and field operations personnel to optimize asset value in WestTexas. The candidate will also collaborate with EH&S, Land, Regulatory and Supply Chain support groups to ensure operations compliance.
- Minimum 12 years relevant engineering experience required with at least 7 of those years in production engineering.
- Previous work leadership experience preferred.
- Experience working production engineering and operational issues for an E&P company strongly preferred; artificial lift optimization expertise and understanding of fracture stimulation design/techniques required; horizontal oil and gas well production experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate competency in writing well work procedures, and production surveillance techniques as well as oil and gas processing operations.
- Reservoir, completions or drilling engineering experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Working knowledge of Oilfield Manager (OFM), Aries/PEEP (discounted cash flow economics), Open Wells is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with field operations, technical peers and management.
- Supervise and mentor the development of a team of production engineers, technologists, and interns.
- Production Surveillance Monitor production volumes on wells within an assigned geographic area utilizing various techniques for tracking production performance. Diagnose production enhancement opportunities and make recommendations for improving performance. Evaluate and document results. Review production forecasts
- Production Optimization Work closely with the field operations staff to optimize artificial lift and facility performance. Conduct frequent, formal team based well reviews to identify and document improvement opportunities; implement recommendations and post audit results.
- Workover Operations Collaborate with the field operations staff to analyze well service and production enhancement opportunities. Determine the economic feasibility of each opportunity and prepare an AFE, workover procedure and supporting materials for implementation. Support field operations with scheduling and execution of the procedures. Provide well site technical support when necessary.
- Lease Operating Expense (LOE) Improvement Provide technical and financial analysis support to field operations in efforts to control and reduce LOE. Support the annual budget process for LOE.
- Non Drilling Capital (NDC) Improvement Lead efforts to reduce capital requirements of artificial lift installations.
- Evaluate post well work costs; verify and approve invoices.
- Supervise Facility Engineers responsible for facility optimization.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, with Petroleum Engineering being preferred.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position is eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0% to 15%.
This position is on a 5/40 work schedule.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation - 10 months ago
Anadarko Petroleum has ventured beyond its original area of operation -- the Anadarko Basin -- to explore for, develop, produce, and market...