Promote the maintenance of an environmentally safe and compliant work environment by performing the following duties personally:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Position function as a focal point in the areas of Environmental Compliance, acts as a advisor, trainer, and auditor to management in the Environmental areas, and serves as a resource to employees
- Takes a direct role in initiating and advising project managers and construction supervisors/managers in the development of plans required to control losses from environmental compliance and poor work practices.
- Develop and implement spill control, hazard recognition and risk reduction measures
- Formulates general environmental policies and procedures to be followed by company personnel in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulation and other applicable standards
- Consults with all departments on design and use of spill prevention, waste handling and minimization and environmental controls and processes.
- Inspects and monitors organization facilities and field work sites to detect existing or potential environmental impact hazards, and recommends corrective or preventative measures where indicated.
- Keeps Managers and employees alerted to Environmental issues associated with work processes, and their potential hazards.
- Assists onsite personnel with determining best practice and most practicable methods for minimizing risk using engineering controls, management controls.
- Participates in the investigation of spills, tundra damage events, accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of materials and evidence for company.
- Complies and submits accidents/spill reports required by client and regulatory agencies.
- Must be familiar with environmental land use, water use, and discharge permits requirements,
- Assist in handling procedures and establish control of chemicals and waste materials generated at the job site and assist in training of the same on the jobsite for DAL and subcontractor employees
- Must be familiar with Red Book rev 8 , North Slope Environmental Manual
- Maintain and create logs, and other documentation as required by client
- Act closely with Safety and Health personnel for DAL and client
- Work closely with client environmental group to facilitate closure of a spill and other duties as required
- Develop , Maintain and update environmental plans, Chemical inventory, MSDS and Waste Mgt Plans
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Compliance of other related field experience, three to five years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Hazwoper, Spill prevention training.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows XP, 7 and 8.
3 years experience on North Slope
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i)
The work hours will be 12 hours days for 7 days a week on the North Slope Arctic Environment.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, to finger, handle, or feel: and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities included close vision distance vision, color peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Doyon Government Group - 16 months ago