University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Field Finance Coordinator coordinates the financial reporting of assigned overseas offices. Assigned offices have a higher level of complexity and varying volume of transactional activity as the personnel’s sole responsibility pertains to field accounting tasks. For each assigned office, the Field Accounting Coordinator’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain and coordinate proactive communications with field finance personnel and Project Coordinators (PC) to provide timely finance support, guidance, and finance training via the occurrence of regular calls and continuous interaction with the PC and field office finance teams
- Project cash management: a level of understanding should be obtained for assigned projects such that there is a familiarity with the regular cash needs of the project to permit the ability to identify unusual cash requests or requests that are made in an untimely manner
- Review of monthly wire projections and weekly cash requests to ascertain the reasonableness of the request and the availability of approved documentation to corroborate the cash request. Relay any atypical request deviations to the Finance Manager for further clarification as necessary.
- Preparation of weekly cash analysis report and identification of field offices with unexplained cash balances
- Active participation in the creation and preparation of Field and HQ finance training sessions and training materials (i.e. webex videos and electronic training guides)
- Review monthly financial reports for timely submission, proper recording of transactions and accurate utilization of the chart of accounts
- Review transactional backup documentation for overseas field offices to ensure compliance with company, donor, and government regulations
- Communicate documentation review findings and coordinate with PCs and Overseas staff to ensure resolution
- Review monthly field advance report to identify outstanding balances and coordinate with field offices to aid in their resolution
- Preparation of monthly field bank account reconciliations and resolution of identified discrepancies
- Ensure all field accounting records are filed promptly, properly, and accurately
- Provide assistance, training, and support to field offices relating to QuickBooks
- As needed, perform field office reviews to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, in addition to identifying lessons learned for implementation in other field offices and applicable areas for improvement
- Additional duties may be assigned
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Four-year undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major or equivalent work experience. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to manage high volume workload in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with Quickbooks and Costpoint preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in at least one other language in addition to English preferred.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers . Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 18 months ago