Specialty's Cafe & Bakery, a healthy concept that focuses on quality and guest service is expanding! We currently have 45 stores and are rapidly expanding in California and the Pacific Northwest. We are proud to say that we achieve our goals by recognizing every team member’s contributions and efforts; by fostering a work environment that is motivating, fast-paced, and fun. We are a fast-growing hospitality company with multiple locations in multiple states.
We are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our growing team. This position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager in our corporate office in San Francisco, CA.
The Field Human Resources Generalist is responsible for supporting field operations in multiple regional locations by providing coaching and guidance on HR related business matters including employee relations’ issues, workforce planning, compensation, EEO, safety, HR policy and procedure interpretation, and employment law practices. This position will partner closely with store management and Corporate Human Resources Manager to champion excellence and consistency identifying trends and patterns that impact team members’ morale and retention.
Essential Functions include:
Responsible for the delivery of Field HR services to multi-state store locations. Understands the business operations, employee population and how HR can provide value added services.
Ensures the effective implementation of HR plans, projects and programs to positively impact the results of their assigned locations.
Collaborate with store management to develop and implement solutions related to team members including workforce and succession planning, performance management, salary administration, and team member communications.
Define appropriate steps to adhere to Specialty’s core values to ensure the fair and equitable administration of company policies and best business practices.
Provide human resources partnership in support of the store management leadership team to drive operational excellence in meeting the needs of the business.
Demonstrate extensive working knowledge of the organizations change management process and exhibit leadership in establishing structured methodologies to coach and assist store leadership through organizational change.
Provide training, prepare documentation to assist in the investigation of EEO complaints, and may act as company representative for compliance reviews.
Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and government reporting regulations related to the employment of team members including OSHA, EEO, ERISA, FLSA guidelines, harassment, and discrimination.
Investigates and responds to employee relations’ issues. Proactively identifies issues and concerns and creates/implements corrective plans of action.
Coordinates and conducts effective HR training programs as directed, and identifies training and development needs of team members supported. Conduct training relative to human resources topics and other training and updates as needed.
Conducts HR audits on an annual basis at store locations.
Prepares documents and represents company at Wage Claim Hearings and Unemployment Conferences.
Plans and assists with regional recruiting needs: job fairs, networking with local schools and community agencies, and new café openings.
Attend General Manager Meetings to review any applicable updates or policy changes.
Other projects as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies and procedures, plus labor, wage and hour laws, including EEOC, AA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills required; ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize is critical for success in a multi-state environment. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity while executing responsibilities.
- Establish trust and credibility with team members at all levels in the organization.
- Proactive in identifying internal customers needs and recommend solutions.
- Results Oriented.
- Negotiating skills and experience resolving complex employee relations’ issues.
- Ability to operate with integrity and fairness; with ability to uphold Specialty’s Code of Conduct.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicant Tracking System experience is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or equivalent work experience in Human Resources as a generalist.
- 5 years HR experience in a fast-paced, multi-location food service/restaurant or retail environment preferred.
- HR Professional designation; PHR/SPHR a plus.
- Position requires travel within California, and occasional travel to Seattle and Chicago.
- This is a field position with initial training in San Francisco corporate office, and frequent visits thereafter.
Specialty’s Café & Bakery operates over 40 restaurants in California, Washington and Illinois - blending the best of old world food...