The Field Inspector will conduct inspection for fire alarm devices including Class E alarm devices, interior fire alarms, and fire alarm panels used in numerous occupancies throughout New York City. Inspect buildings to ensure that life safety systems are operational and confirm to code requirements.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Six years of full-time satisfactory experience as an electrician or inspector of electrical installations for light, heat and/or power in or on buildings, or on traffic signals, fire alarm detection or communications systems, one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or
2. Four years of satisfactory experience as described in "1" above, at least one year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, and two years of education in an accredited college or technical school in courses in or related to electrical installations or repairs, or education in an accredited college working toward a baccalaureate degree in Electrical Engineering or repair; or
3. One year of supervisory experience, as described in "1" above, and an approved five year apprenticeship program in electrical inspection; or
4. Completion of three years of apprenticeship in electrical inspection and either three years of experience as described in "1" above or one year of experience as described in "1" above and two years of education as described in "2" above.
However, all candidates must have one year of supervisory experience as described in "1" above; or
5. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1", "2", "3", or "4" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of supervisory experience as described in "1" above. For appointment in the Department of General Services, the required experience must be in connection with heat, light or power in or on buildings.
Click Apply Now Button.
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard