Field Installation Technician
RF Technologies, established in 1987, is a leading provider of comprehensive, integrated RFID Safety and Security systems, Wi-Fi RTLS systems, and healthcare enterprise solutions. With an installed base of more than 10,000 systems worldwide, RF Technologies specializes in state-of-the-art healthcare solutions for senior care facilities and hospitals, including Code Alert® Wandering Management, Wireless Call and Fall Management Solutions, Safe Place® ED and Infant Security Solutions, and PinPoint® RTLS Location-Aware Solutions. The Company is credited with inventing the first RFID infant security system, which was designed and developed by nurse clinicians. It was the first in the industry to invent Peer-to-Peer Wi-Fi RTLS, and to offer Remote Monitoring, RF Consulting and 24X7 technical support by RF Technologies’ staff specialists and a nationwide service management team. www.rft.com
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Field Installation Technician will provide On-Site Field Installation Services of our patient security access systems for our healthcare customers. Installation service includes wiring (CAT5) and cabling to hook up access alarm systems, problem diagnosis, analysis, and repair and product technical instruction. Responsibilities will also include delivery of system maintenance, update and upgrade services.
Travel is anticipated to be as much as 80%. Typically travel will be within 250 miles of your home, but may occasionally require travel throughout the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience
- Installation of patient security access systems at Healthcare client sites.
- Resolution of customer issues.
- Communication with customers to insure that the customer is well-informed before, during and after installation.
- Ensure high quality and on time work that exceeds the expectations of the customer.
- Responsible for accurate completion, timely submittal and archival of required service documentation.
- Management of assigned inventory of materials and parts, including safekeeping, periodic audit and reconciliation of his/her inventory location.
- Maintenance, care and accounting for personal computers, specialized tools and instrumentation. This will include insuring appropriate periodic calibration of instrumentation.
- Assist with implementation of RF Technologies’ safety and security system updates.
- Provide feedback on product, installation and service quality issues.
- Provide input on our product functionality requirements including suggestions for new product development, RFT product improvements and new business opportunities.
- Work toward obtaining low voltage and security license for the state of residence or service area
- Other activities and responsibilities as needed.
- Field installation experience required. Prefer low voltage wiring and connection to entry access systems.
- Hands-on experience with electronics and/or network topologies is required.
- Hands-on experience on radio frequency and/or WI-FI network equipment is desirable.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to explain technical information to non-technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as work instructions.
- Able to use standard test equipment including multi-meters.
- Valid driver license with good driving record.
- State low voltage and security licensing a plus.
RF Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RF Technologies - 2 years ago