Job Title: Field Investigator
Job ID: 03175
Division : Claims Operations
Work Location(s): United States-Washington-Field Location
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
-Depending on qualifications, the selected candidate may be considered for a higher level position.
- Territory will include the state of Washington, as well as, portions of Oregon.
Performs and assists in the systematic gathering and evaluation of information, facts and evidence in a legal and ethical manner to provide consultation and recommendations concerning claims resolution. Uses skills necessary to maintain a constant flow of information, both within and outside the company, to promote the mitigation and prevention of insurance fraud. Communicates to audiences on topics pertaining to insurance fraud and related SIU (Special Investigation Unit) activities. Facilitates continuous development of business partners and processes to promote customer value.
- Investigation (55%)
- Works with a Field Sr Investigator to create and implement a development plan. Relies on the Field Sr Investigator as a mentor for skill development.
- Processes loss scenes and recognizes, collects, and preserves physical evidence. Researches, interprets and applies information from public records.
- Renders legal testimony to the results of investigations. Acts as a reference source for company personnel regarding technical matters.
- Develops expertise in a subject matter area applicable to SIU (i.e., fire investigation, medical fraud investigation, LVI investigation.)
- Produces a work product that can stand the test and scrutiny of the courts/legal system.
- Communication (35%)
- Responds to oral and written inquiries from individuals, their representatives, and other agencies in a timely manner.
- Communicates with corporate, regional, or local counsel regarding legal issues of an investigation. Keeps SIU management informed of issues.
- Attends, participates in, and helps coordinate pre-trial conferences, alternate dispute resolutions, small claims/conciliation court and other official proceedings.
- Develops and maintains contact with public agencies and other sources concerning insurance fraud issues and investigations. Acts as a liaison between the company, police and fire officials.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Technical Expertise
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Able to operate mechanical and electronic devices including hydrocarbon detector, photographic and video cameras and recorders.
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- This position requires travel up to 75% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious places between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to outside weather conditions between 33 - 66% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds between 1 and 33% of the time.
Company Information: -
-Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results on background checks.
-A career move to join American Family may mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 2 years ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...