Posting Job Title: Field Investigator
Requisition #: 140132BR
Posting Location: United States - New York - Syracuse
Area of Interest: Facilities/Security
Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
Time Warner Cable East region Finance Department currently seeks a Field Investigator-Security located in Syracuse, NY. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The purpose of this position is to perform signal security investigations to determine unauthorized connections in a manner consistent with Time Warner Cable policies, procedures, quality standards, customer needs and applicable local, state and federal regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Investigates cable connections throughout service area ensuring subscribers and/or non-subscribers are not receiving cable services for which they are not being billed.
- Performs investigations of suspected cable theft and coordinates for initial law enforcement intervention.
- Initiates criminal prosecution process. Drafts, compiles and submits theft and fraud reports to Security management for review and prosecution approval.
- Follows proper state procedures to obtain arrest warrants under state criminal statutes, assists in the criminal court prosecution of suspected theft / fraud offenders.
- Is required to testify as a witness in court proceedings.
- Conduct self in a respectable, responsible, courteous manner and project a cooperative and positive attitude toward customers, employees, and the Company.
- Cooperates with co-workers and works as a member of a team.
- Maintain equipment and vehicle and projects a professional appearance.
- Uses and reads test equipment (leakage detector, signal meter, TV, etc.) effectively. Uses hand tools including drills, crimpers, wrenches, etc. Climb ladders and gaff telephone/utility poles to a height of approximately 20 feet. Lifting and moving a ladder that weighs approximately 70 pounds.
- Some duties performed in adverse weather conditions and in confined spaces such as attics and crawl spaces, if required
- Will work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notice required.
- Completes special assignments and assists in the various other field operations as directed by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license, and comply with Time Warner Cable’s vehicle operations policy.
- Must be able to meet and maintain safe load limits for provided equipment, in accordance with TWC Weight Restriction Policy
- Must have the ability to maintain a courteous and professional attitude when confronted with irrational, irate or hostile persons/situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications required.
- Read and write in English proficiently and use arithmetic skills to accurately complete daily work assignments.
- Must be willing to take initiative and handle various tasks simultaneously while working efficiently, effectively and independently under minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform well in a high-pressure environment.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.
- Prior electronic/CATV experience preferred
Education and Experience:
Legal/Financial Responsibilities: Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
- High School Diploma/Recognized Equivalent or minimum five (5) years of directly related experience required.
The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, courtesy cable (in specified areas).
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located in five geographic areas--New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, Southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14.7 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/Drug-free Workplace.
FCC Unit_TWC: SYRA
Controlling Establishment ID: 00168 - East Syracuse Fly Rd
Time Warner Cable - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...