Posting Title Field Marketing Manager, West US About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division The Marketing & Alliances teams play an instrumental role in helping to build VMware into a category-defining company. As part of the team, you will work to build, evangelize and deliver world-class virtualization solutions, products, and services to customers and partners. Job Description The Field Marketing Manager (FMM), West US role is responsible for driving marketing plans to increase pipeline and penetration across the top 100-300 enterprise accounts. This position will develop and drive high touch marketing programs that generate quality pipeline, move prospects through the sales cycle, and build customer intimacy. The FMM role will support VMware’s large enterprise accounts, in a fast paced environment and requires experience in account based marketing and C-level executive programs.
Proactively drive enterprise marketing programs from planning, execution, to tracking results. Understand field needs, ensure alignment with segment marketing objectives, define programs and success measurement, and deliver programs in-region.
- Planning regional integrated marketing programs to take customers on a journey
- Defining marketing plans to create/accelerate opportunities and build executive relationships that impact deal growth
- Drive account based marketing for top 5-10 accounts, aligned with sales teams’ goals
- Communicating and executing enterprise and industry events to local teams
- Tracking program results, measuring program success, and reporting metrics via SFDC
- Maintaining program budgets
- Working with channel and alliance marketing teams to implement joint campaigns
Requisition Number 40240BR
- 7-10 years of marketing experience, with field marketing background
- Proven track record of successfully partnering with sales management
- Experience with developing integrated, multi-touch marketing plans
- Experience in account based marketing and executive programs for large enterprise customers
- Enterprise software background with strong solution selling knowledge
- Experience with sales and marketing automation systems – Salesforce and Eloqua plus
- Vertical marketing experience, healthcare and financial services a plus
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Strong team player
- Travel 20-30% Location Palo Alto, CA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? Yes
VMware - 17 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...