Field Marketing Manager (Platts)
The Field Marketing Manager has responsibility for developing, executing and analyzing tactical marketing programs for his/her regional markets. This role is responsible for being the expert on marketing vehicles (channels) and their effectiveness to attract, engage and retain key customers of Platts products and services in the Americas. This position will be closely aligned with the Platts sales team and is also responsible for ensuring that they have the marketing tools necessary to achieve their sales revenue targets. Success in this role relies on the ability to build collaborative relationships at multiple levels internally.
Develop and implement tactical regional marketing programs by working closely with product marketing managers, program managers, sales and in some cases other stakeholders. This includes:
Develop and manage marketing programs to meet the demand management and marketing goals for your region of responsibility. This includes:
- Leading the development of regional campaigns working closely with the Product Marketing Manager, Program Manager and sales teams to ensure objectives are met
- Working with program managers to ensure that the project is done on time and performance measured
- Taking specific responsibility for tracking spend by program and work with Product Marketing Managers to ensure programs are completed within budget
- Working with regional sales managers and teams to build marketing programs to grow sales pipeline and retain existing customers. Identifying the most effective channels to communicate to our audiences and demonstrate effective use of offline and online opportunities
- Implementing internal communications that keep sales up-to-date and attend/participate in regular meetings with sales, product marketing and program managers
- Project types include: regional marketing campaigns, product improvement communications, regional events, regionally specific projects for audience development.
Develop and communicate the regional marketing objectives and marketing plans by working with product marketing and sales
- Plan and coordinate marketing campaigns to generate leads, retain existing customers, promote industry awareness, help strengthen the Platts brand and shorten the sales cycle. Tactics include online and offline marketing channels such as: direct mail, e-mails, video, telemarketing, webinars, exhibiting at and or sponsoring conferences, free trials, advertising, social media, etc. .
- Create the regional campaign strategy including campaign content and plan. Create and maintain campaign briefs that can be shared with key stakeholders summarizing objectives , strategy, key messages, key offers and timing
- Manage and execute the regional marketing plans and make adjustments as necessary for specific products or markets based on the best communication vehicles for that region and from analyzing past campaigns and marketing metrics
- Draft and edit marketing copy for email campaigns and sales collateral based on input from product marketing and by working with appropriate copy writer vendors when necessary
- Ensure that A/B testing is done when and where appropriate for email campaigns, landing pages, etc.
- Responsible for being the expert on marketing channels are most effective for that audience and region
- Responsible for being the expert on events (3rd party, Platts, and methodology forums) including: what kind of presence and at what level Platts will have at the event, working with sales and marketing on who will attend, and developing and communicating the objectives of the events for Platts Sales and Marketing attendees
- Assist product marketing to create customer case studies, collateral, testimonials, proposals and sales presentations to help solve specific customer problems
- Work with sales and other regional partners to develop customer-specific action plans.
- Involves developing and then tapping into your customer network that help inform you on how to best reach and communicate with your market,
- Develop an understanding of the factors that customers/prospects consider when making purchasing decisions around our products and incorporating these into the campaign and collateral development strategy.
- Work with product marketing managers and finance to manage the regional marketing budget Qualifications
Extensive B to B marketing experience
Bachelors Degree in a related field (Marketing degree a plus)
Proven ability to design and implement campaigns involving integrated multi-touch campaigns that involve the marketing of thought leadership assets along with a problem/solution approach.
Expertise in balancing the desires of the stakeholders with the needs of the Platts business and the specific objectives associated with the marketing programs
Experience in persona-based marketing programs whereby identifying personas and using insights as part of building out a program.
Experience within complex matrix structure often involving global stakeholders in various departments
Knowledge of marketing subscription-based product lines.
Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfortable communicating at many level
Excellent organization and planning skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, delivering each on time
Experience of working in a global B2B marketing environment
Experience in managing marketing vendors
Knowledge of marketing products/services to the energy industry
About Platts and McGraw Hill Financial
At Platts, the premier source of commodities intelligence, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, metals and agricultural markets.
Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
Be part of a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company, and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of McGraw Hill Financial.
McGraw Hill Financial includes Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power, Platts, McGraw Hill Construction and Aviation Week. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Learn more at www.mhfi.com/careers
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial - 15 months ago