MillerCoors is built upon a foundation of more than 288 years of brewing heritage. It is a legacy driven by our founders to brew the highest quality beers, and a commitment that continues today. Our vision is to create America's best beer company by driving profitable growth. And we insist on building our brands the right way through quality brewing, responsible marketing, and a commitment to sustainable development and community investments. We're building a true team of highly talented people. People who are passionate about the beer business, who love to win and have a desire to learn, and who always aim to amaze customers by doing the little things that make a big difference. |
Posting Job Description
Field Marketing leads the national and local marketing direction within the local market area by implementing brand, channel, customer and consumer strategies into their go-to-market plans to achieve volume, profit and share goals.
Brand building at the local level by managing short term and long term growth opportunities
- Drive brand positioning throughout the local market
- Customize the central marketing direction for the local market area with an understanding of brand, channel, customer and consumer objectives and strategies
- Manage and execute against the various levers of the marketing mix within the local geography
- Implement portfolio and brand strategy at the local level
- Audit distributor made POS to ensure alignment with brand strategy and compliance
- Collaborate with Strategy and Planning to develop region/local market area annual and 3 yr. plans
- Pre-plan Direct/Communicate Execute In-market observation Evaluate & Adjust as necessary
- Support annual and distributor plan as it relates to brand/channel strategy, local consumer insights and resource allocation
- Co-lead the trimester go-to-market plan
- Thought Leadership and Key Stakeholder Coordination
- Ensure the brand/channel strategies are communicated in such a way that it facilitates execution with MillerCoors sales and distributors
- Share learning’s and expand best practice principles throughout the region and through central marketing.
- Develop and maintain positive, constructive business building relationships with internal team members, Central Marketing, outside partners, retailers and community leaders
Program/Key Initiative Development
- Direct selling & execution of Brand Initiatives and programs to align with local area objectives
- Develop local programming that is aligned with brand positioning, consumer and channel strategies
- Partner with the chain managers to develop local chain programming
- Activate & develop local support plans against new brands, national packaging innovations and local promotional packaging opportunities
- Manage local sponsorships/alliances (negotiation and activation)
- Lead local agencies (media merchandising, sports, promotions) to deliver best in class initiatives
Talent Management & People Development
- Combine clear articulation of expected team and individual performance with motivation of empowerment
- Develop a results oriented culture
- Actively manage conflict through constructive debate and action.
- Develop goals and performance criteria and monitor performance with regular feedback and review
Education level and/or experience
- A relevant 4 year degree with 5 years sales/marketing experience within a blue chip consumer goods company is required.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Sound business understanding including: brand, retail/channel, consumer strategies and 3-tier distribution system.
- Field, Brand or Customer marketing or Agency experience preferred.
- Experience managing agencies.
Skills and/or knowledge
- Ability to manage a broad range of marketing tools including strategic development, and planning, budgeting, business analysis, advertising, promotions, merchandising and research and analysis
- Strong business acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft, Excel, Powerpoint
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication e.g. strong presentation skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Planning and organization
- Able to persuade and negotiate effectively
- Ability to recognize critical problems and opportunities and understand when to shift from analysis to action
- Honesty and integrity
MillerCoors is proof that beer can make old foes new friends. Long-time rivals, UK-based SABMiller and US-based Molson Coors put aside their...