Under direction of the Vice President of Facility Services, the Field Operations Brand Manager manages all national activities related to implementation of brand management to Extra Space Storage properties. This includes working directly with Director of Brand, Director of Construction, Design Manager and Facility Service Managers. This position oversees creation of the physical facility design/brand standards manual and ensures effective communication, training and field implementation to appropriate field operations staff. This position is critical in creating a consistent brand (look and feel) to nationwide properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the competitive landscape of the Extra Space Storage brand and ensures effective nationwide rollout
- Develops design strategies that exploit opportunities for site visibility, property and brand awareness to drive by traffic
- Executes the design strategies with the help of a cross-functional team
- Develops property design standard manual for field use and implementation
- Establishes annual priority for brand management activity on a site-by-site basis
- Maintains a high level of communication and follow-up both with team leadership and peers, as well as, field staff. Consolidates, communicates and ensures successful roll out and training of all brand management issues.
- Maintains current and accurate records in the tracking and accounting of all projects
- Develops brand management “life cycle” schedule for all properties
- Participates in the development of the annual brand management budget
- Reviews, tracks and approves work orders and invoices to ensure compliance with company standards, policies, budgets and guidelines
- Physically inspects brand management implementation through routine travel to key markets
- Ensures expected results are delivered on time and within budget constraints
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ESMI seeks employees that have entrepreneurial, pro-active, “can-do” mentalities, positive attitudes, can handle change and operate with integrity. Employment with ESMI is contingent on successful completion of a background and drug screening. Other qualifications include:
· Ability to travel throughout the company
· Possess and maintain a current, valid Driver’s License
· Strong experience in market research, demographics and portfolio maintenance
· Knowledge of current and progressive marketing techniques and philosophies
· Significant experience in project management and organizational skills
· Overseeing physical brand implementation on a multi-state/location platform
· Demonstrable efficiency with Internet and desktop computer applications
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, and five or more years of significant experience in strategic brand marketing.
Language Skills: Incumbent must have ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Must be able to communicate clearly to Vice President level and above within the ESMI organization including giving guided tours of facilities, making formal presentations and discussing scope of work, budgets, decision-making process, etc.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical and sometimes difficult problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists or many outside factors (i.e. shortages of materials, weather, community restrictions, etc.) exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to talk and hear, stand, walk, sit, walk stairs, investigate small spaces, inspect roofs, elevator shafts, etc., use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with arms and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee must be able to travel freely between properties and within each property. Regular attendance at assigned locations is required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
$63,829 - $86,169
Extra Space Storage - 17 months ago
When closets are bursting at the seams and garages are overflowing, Extra Space Storage gives its customers room to breathe. One of the...