We are looking for a motivated quantitative field manager who is interested in managing a fast-paced, diverse set large, international client projects while working with some of the best researchers in the industry. In this role, we need the candidate to be extremely detail-oriented and passionate about managing efficient systems and maintaining strong vendor relationships. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and team personalities. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and a deadline-driven personality are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business. The ideal candidate has experience working with Excel and SPSS, has had exposure to programming, is adept at managing relationships with quantitative sample providers, data processors, and programmers, and has experience soliciting and managing bids for international research.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of relevant experience.
Skills / Experience
- Build relationships with external partners, including managing quality control, doing all program checks, approving coding lists and providing clear instructions to vendors. Be a strong facilitator between multiple vendors on a large, international study, ensuring clear communication between internal project team and partners to ensure alignment. Critical in this role is an ability to facilitate communication between multiple partners that allows organized transfer of information on a regularly scheduled basis between Kelton and designated point people from each vendor partner.
- Be the first point of contact for clients around all project sample, quota, fielding timeline, and vendor partner information. Maintain clear, organized schedules of project setup, timelines, pricing, and all steps necessary in order for clients to receive data in time to meet deadlines.
- Maintain organization and timelines among the internal team (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both “up” and “down”).
- Manage all daily operations for user definition, survey programming, analytical planning, and reviewing crosstabs.
- Serve as main point of contact with all vendor partners on large international projects. Work closely with internal operations team to ensure project pricing is accurate and in line with client expectations. Be the first point of contact to negotiate pricing. Know when to flag and involve other resources from Kelton’s finance team when necessary. Work in tandem with Kelton’s finance team to finalize deals where additional resources are needed.
- Work closely with programming partners to set up quota groups for multi-country studies. Ensure sample counts are not exceeded while ensuring that minimums/maximums/exact counts are collected as needed. Ensure consistent tracking of quotas with programming partners throughout the fielding process and maintain and own clear records of the full project sample landscape.
- Work closely with data processing partner to ensure that timelines are managed appropriately to clean data and produce tables in line with client deadlines. Look for ways to streamline communications and meet aggressive client deadlines by thinking creatively about ways to organize the project team’s activities. Coordinate between research team and data processor to ensure that banner/tab plan is finalized at the start of the process and that partial data is pulled early when appropriate, to speed up the process.
- Test survey links (including testing for spelling, grammar, and logic skips) and help ensure quality control.
- Able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly.
- Proactively identify issues and suggests solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with "Field Operations Manager, Quantitative Research" in the subject line.
- Excellent organizational and logistics skills.
- Extremely proficient in Excel; knowledge of pivot tables and creating charts or ability/willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
- Quick learner.
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
- Ability to independently solve problems.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- 2+ years relevant work experience, social science/research background is preferred.
- Knowledge of SPSS or other analytical software is a plus.