SUMMARY : Responsible for development of Field Service opportunities in the region and overall customer satisfaction of CS MHNA performance in the field.
Liaising directly with customers and fostering relationships leading to growth within the Material Handling construction support, commissioning and operational readiness areas.
Mentoring the Field Operations team, and working with the other departments to support the “Service” and “POC Project” field operation requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other responsibilities may be assigned):
· Interface with the FLS global construction & commissioning community and customer/end user to determine what that customer/end user requires for operational readiness.
· Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to promote Field Support (technical assistance, commissioning, training) contracts within the region.
· Seek to leverage existing FLS infrastructure, minerals processing & cement field service counterparts and resources to support expansion of MH business activities.
· Work closely with the Sales Support Manager and Field Service supervision to develop Field Service teams.
· Develop processes and procedures that ensure efficient and effective control of construction and commissioning activities.
· Prepare forecast, plans, prioritizes, coordinates and reports on Field Operations activities.
· Responsible for proposal generation, pricing, customer correspondence and overall internal and external customer satisfaction in Field Operations.
· Work closely with R&D and Product Managers to develop a proactive approach in providing feedback on product design improvements, customer concerns and needs.
· Coach and motivate Field Operations staff to meet objectives. Measures and communicates employee performance and effectiveness.
· Responsible for performance review, management and development of employees.
· Work with Regional Field Service, Construction and Commissioning Managers to develop forecast for specialist MH North America resource requirements for that country / region.
· Develop tools and metrics to measure success of Field Operations activities.
· Assist with technical issues / problems on and off site with both customers and the Field Operations team.
· Assist with the development of departmental budgets
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
· EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE : Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred . At least 5 yrs in plant maintenance and/or field service / commissioning experience in material handling, minerals processing, cement or related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· LANGUAGE SKILLS : Fluent in English, ability to speak Spanish, German and other languages highly recommended. Demonstrate track record of the ability of communicates with both internal and external stakeholders with a high level of customer focus.
· MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Basic engineering mathematics, statistics, and business and economic analysis.
· REASONING ABILITY : Be able to work on several projects simultaneously and adapt to a changing work environment. Keen, shows initiative, willing to learn, responsible, self motivated and takes ownership of resolving problems.
· OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES : Proficiency in the use of computer software, preferably Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power point, and desk top publishing. Commitment to being a team player and leader. A desire to always achieve a mutually beneficial outcome for both the company and customers. Interface effectively with all levels of FLSmidth personnel and customers and present a professional image consistent with representing FLSmidth. A desire to always achieve a mutually beneficial outcome for both the company and customers. Be able to work independently to handle a variety of managerial functions in a prompt, efficient, accurate, and confidential manner.
· PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Walking, climbing stairs, climbing on or around equipment, sitting, standing, bending, reaching, lifting (20%).
WORK ENVIRONMENT : Office – 65%, Travel – 35%. Travel to client sites for meetings and follow up with field staff on assignment. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, pressurized fluids and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee must be able to pass testing requirements for a high altitude physical. Travel to sites and FLS offices to coordinate field service & commissioning activities. Position will report to General Manager Customer Service, Material Handling - North America.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all FLSmidth employees are expected to:
· Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
· Help train and give guidance to other FLSmidth employees.
· Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area.
· Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service.
· Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes.
FLSmidth, Inc. - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard