(NYSE: ABM), which operates through its subsidiaries (collectively "ABM"), is a leading provider of integrated facility services. With fiscal 2011 revenues of approximately $4.2 billion and nearly 100,000 employees, ABM provides commercial cleaning and maintenance, facility engineering, energy efficiency, parking and security services for thousands of commercial, industrial, government and retail clients across the United States and various international locations. Learn more at www.abm.com
Directly responsible for the overall management of the supervision and janitorial staff assigned to service all the accounts in the branch.
- Responsible for directing our service in all accounts to ensure that customer cleaning specifications are met to their satisfaction
- Responsible for training supervisors and janitorial staff in proper ABM cleaning techniques.
- Responsible to ensure proper safety and HR training has been provided for all employees with support from HR and Safety Management
- Assist in performance evaluations for all supervisory staff, specifically correcting any deficiencies.
- Responds to customer related issues as directed by Branch Management.
- Ensures that each supervisor submits employee timecards records to ensure proper wage payment to employees
- Assist in development of replacements for all leadership positions
- Maintain each account with budgeted labor each month to control cost
- Work diligently to develop staff for higher positions
- Provide an environment that will allow subordinates to grow and develop skills for future advancement.
- Lead by example: adhere to Branch, Corporate, Division, and Region policies
- Provide support and leadership in special projects/initiatives as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Tour buildings in portfolio daily for inspection, tenant contact and follow up.
- Direct and supervise scheduling of work load adjustment with the project and account managers, supervisors, foremen, utility crew and station janitors.
- Maintain daily and weekly labor management control.
- Report to Branch Manager any issues or problems with operation, ABM personnel or customer.
- Inventory consumable goods( towels, tissue, soap, cleaning supplies etc. & order as budgeted).
- Perform written inspections of designated work stations monthly.
- Oversee all personnel at the locations in working methods and procedures.
- Provide customer with outstanding customer service on all levels.
- Look for Tag opportunities and sell additional ABM services
- Satisfy paperwork requirements.
- Follow all prescribed security procedures as specified by building security and/or customer.
- Follow up on all completed work assignments and return completed assignment to the originator.
- Conducts regular performance appraisals of ABM supervisory personnel.
- Check on prescribed schedules and cleaning specifications and follow through on these schedules and specifications.
- Carry out disciplinary action as needed, train subordinates as needed.
- Make sure proper and adequate staffing levels are maintained.
- Ensure proper supply levels to all accounts within supply expense budget given. No discretionary spending without prior approval of branch management.
- Audit staffing and labor
- Resolve On-Site employee grievances.
- Responsible for adhering to and enforcing established company policy.
- Safety- Oversee and ensure that company policy is followed by all ABM personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned or applicable.
- Janitorial Management experience preffered but not required
- Compensation is based on Management experience
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 18 months ago