Area Manager-Janitorial Services
Oversees the supervisors and is responsible for the
Southern Management ABM operations at several work
sites. Manage the work within the appropriate budget
requirements and work closely with the customer as a
liaison between the building owners or building
management company and SM/ABM operations. Work with any
customer issues as well as employee relations issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES*
inspection, customer contact and follow-up.
- Tour various buildings in portfolio daily for
adjustment with the quality control janitors and
- Direct and supervise scheduling of work load
perform written inspection of designated work
- Report to the District Manager as directed.
- Inventory consumable goods (towels, tissue, etc.
- Oversee janitor personnel in working methods and
return completed assignment to the originator.
- Follow up on all completed work assignments and
needed to ensure all cleaning and service functions
- Perform any general cleaning/porter job functions as
are being completed to customer satisfaction.
personnel management and ensure building is in
- Personnel -- be aware of the fundamentals of good
compliance with all State and Federal guidelines as
well as SM/ABM policies.
needed, including proper written documentation of
- Supervision -- carry out disciplinary action as
all performance deficiencies. Train subordinates in
proper supervisory duties and ensure their
compliance with all regulations and policies.
maintained and coordinate personnel requisitions
- Staffing -- Make sure proper staffing levels are
with Hiring Center. Dispatch route personnel for
replacement work or special assignment as necessary.
procedures and FLSA guidelines, especially overtime
- Ensure payroll processes are compliant with SM/ABM
rules and regulations.
procedures at specific work-site.
- Responsible for all risk and safety policies and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
for several hours a day.
- Must be able to perform regular property inspections
and be able to take direction from Management.
- Must have ability to work with other crew members
above job duties.
- Must be able to perform all physical aspects of the
- May be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
equivalent GED, required. Job Knowledge/Experience:
- Education/Training: High school graduate or
Five years janitorial experience in a
supervisory/managerial capacity preferred.·
read, write and speak English. Must possess good
- License(s): Valid State driver's license.
- Language/Communication Requirements: Must be able to
documents in English.
- Writing Skills: Must be able to write basic business
needed to reflect changing priorities and/or work
- Job duties or responsibilities may be modified as
conditions with ABM.
Division/Department : ABM Janitorial
Exemption : Exempt
Shift/Hours : Any Shift
% of Travel Required : 0-20%
Offer Relocation : No
ABM Industries - 2 years ago
Many businesses hope to clean up, but diversified facilities services contractor ABM counts on it. The company primarily offers janitorial...