Put your talent to work at the nation’s leading landscape architecture, installation and maintenance Company. At ValleyCrest, we’re dedicated to helping you find the right career path for your future. From our formally-trained people to our extraordinary projects, our entrepreneurial culture to our countless locations nationwide, ValleyCrest is the ideal place to grow your career in the exciting green industry. Grow your career with ValleyCrest today!
BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPES ADD VALUE. ValleyCrest Landscape Maintenance is recognized nationwide as a leader in landscape maintenance services. From routine maintenance and water management, to seasonal color and tree care, we can handle every aspect of landscape management, drawing upon our deep experience to serve a wide range of customers, from resorts, retail centers, and corporate campuses to homeowner's associations, public spaces, and private residences. With over 8,000 employees and 120 operating locations, the Company provides services across a broad cross-section of the United States.
The Field Operations Manager (FOM) plays a critical role in driving safety, quality, and efficiency in VCLM’s field operations. Reporting to the Branch Manager or Operations Manager, the FOM is a key member of the branch leadership team. Crew leaders report both to the FOM and to the Account Manager responsible for each account.
• Drive continuous improvements in safety, quality (as measured by our customer satisfaction surveys), and efficiency with the branch’s field operations
• Ensure all crews within the branch are working productively and consistent with the existing ValleyCrest Production System (VPS). As a part of that, ensure every crew has a good plan and is working the plan on every job site every day
• Oversee crew leader and gardener training and certification; identify and develop high performing gardeners into crew leaders
• Continue to drive productivity improvements defined as safety, quality and efficiency through Lean principles.
• Identify opportunities to improve and best approach for implementation
• Develop and/or improve field job plans for every existing and new account of the Branch
• Partner with Branch Manager to develop non-routine maintenance estimates / execution plans
• Train, facilitate, monitor, enforce 5S practices
• Train on and strictly enforce all divisional safety procedures and policies – safety is our #1 goal
Position Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
• 8 years of landscape experience including 3 years as a crew leader (flexible based upon other qualifications).
• Basic Microsoft Office skills or a willingness to develop
• Licensed to drive in the branch’s state
• Communicates effectively (both written and oral) in both English and Spanish
• Management and/or training experience is a plus
• Good knowledge of local turfs, shrubs, groundcover, and seasonal color including growth characteristics, appropriate maintenance techniques, and most common issues
• A sense of urgency and unwillingness to compromise in building the best possible production capabilities
• A proven, positive approach to leadership, with a track record of getting results
• A demonstrated interest and capability in developing people
• Creative problem solver with capacity to innovate
• High-integrity leader who commands respect from crew leaders and account managers
• Team oriented
• Prepared to lead by example, roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
What we Offer
• Competitive salaries dependant on experience
• Medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and other benefits
• Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment
We are drug free and an EOE by choice
ValleyCrest Companies hits pay dirt with plant care. The company uses its green thumb to provide landscape construction and maintenance,...