Put your talent to work at the nation’s leading landscape architecture, installation and maintenance company. At ValleyCrest, we’re dedicated to helping you find the right career path for your future. From our formally-trained people to our extraordinary projects, our entrepreneurial culture to our countless locations nationwide, ValleyCrest is the ideal place to grow your career in the exciting green industry. Grow your career with ValleyCrest today!
BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPES ADD VALUE. ValleyCrest Landscape Maintenance is recognized nationwide as a leader in landscape maintenance services. From routine maintenance and water management, to seasonal color and tree care, we can handle every aspect of landscape management, drawing upon our deep experience to serve a wide range of customers, from resorts, retail centers, and corporate campuses to homeowner's associations, public spaces, and private residences. With over 6,000 employees and 120 operating locations, the Company provides services across a broad cross-section of the United States.
The Field Operations Manager (FOM) plays a critical role in driving productivity, quality, and safety in VCLM’s field operations. Reporting to the Regional Manager, Branch Manager or Operations Manager, the FOM is a key member of the branch leadership team. Crew leaders report both to the FOM and to the Account Manager responsible for each account.
- Ensure all crews within the branch are working productively and consistent with the existing ValleyCrest Production System. As a part of that, ensure every crew has a good plan and is working the plan on every job site every day
- Identify where the value is, develop effective teaching tools, and systematically roll out the lean philosophy.
- Continue to drive productivity improvements defined as quality and efficiency through Lean principles.
- Engage the regional and/or branch manager to identify opportunities and best approach for implementation
- Review the branch key performance metrics and making sure that they are aligned with business goals.
- Build a team of fully-trained and highly-performing crew leaders and crews
- Oversee crew leader and gardener training and certification; identify and develop high performing gardeners into crew leaders
- Identify and work to improve lower-performing crew leaders and crews
- Intervene in targeted jobs to re-sequence and re-plan the work to improve performance
- Assist as appropriate in developing production cost estimates for selected new opportunities
- Train and strictly enforce all operational safety procedures and policies
- Ensure work is performed to the level of quality required to completely satisfy each customer.
- Act as a liaison between field operations and the administrative, customer service, and general management functions in the branch
- 8 years of landscape experience including 3 years as a crew leader (flexible based upon other qualifications). Additional management and/or training experience is a plus
- Communicates effectively (both written and oral) in both English and Spanish
- Good knowledge of local turfs, shrubs, groundcover, and seasonal color including growth characteristics, appropriate maintenance techniques, and most common issues
- Knowledge of basic Lean tool, techniques and methodology. Proven ability to drive change at the front line level
- A demonstrated interest and capability in developing people
- Creative problem solver with capacity to innovate
- High-integrity leader who commands respect from crew leaders and account managers
- Team orientation
- Prepared to lead by example, roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Basic Microsoft Office skills or a willingness to develop
- Licensed to drive in the branch’s state
What we Offer:
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
We are drug free and an EOE by choice!
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(K) and other benefits
- Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment
ValleyCrest Companies - 13 months ago
ValleyCrest Companies hits pay dirt with plant care. The company uses its green thumb to provide landscape construction and maintenance,...