- The Field Operations Site Safety Supervisor is responsible for identifying, controlling and eliminating EH&S issues for specific site locations that may pose a threat to workers, the environment, or the community.
- Effectively communicates safety and environmental requirements to the workforce and management & Designs, improves and implements functional safety programs that perpetually improves safety results
- Responsible for complete OSHA, DEP, EPA compliance and exceeding of standards & Leads related safety, health and environmental ISO standards, programs, improvements, requirements
- Ensures all proper medical testing for all hourly and salaried employees & Ensures OSHA required training for all employees is conducted
- Maintains Worker Compensation documents & Maintain MSDS records for employee reviews
- Develops all site ES&H plans to include, JSA’s, Lift, Emergency & Response, SOP’s, Lead / Asbestos Awareness and others directly related to EH&S
- B.S. in Health & Safety or equivalent of education and experience. Health and Safety Engineering degree preferred
- Strong computer, written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent safety and health track record in programs and processes
- Basic chemistry knowledge for MSDS requirements and interpretation is required
- Ability to work independently and capable of forming strong working relationships with site leadership teams, clients and the hourly work force
- Ability to work effectively in a union/site environment
This is a contract position for the Gorge Project located in Bishop, CA
Voith - 9 months ago
Voith is mad about machinery. The German firm is a holding company for four independent divisions that manufacture and distribute machinery...