The Company: Cognex Corporation
With more than 275 patents and the largest team of industrial machine vision experts anywhere in the world, Cognex has set the standard for innovation in the machine vision industry. But our innovation goes beyond technology. Our ‘work hard, play hard, move fast’ culture is challenging, stimulating and rewarding.
As we continue on our successful journey, we are looking to add more talented, innovative and dedicated individuals to our team. So, if you are someone who enjoys work because of the sense of accomplishment that it gives you, and if you want to be part of a high impact team working for a financially strong, global company that is the leader in the machine vision industry, then contact us, because working at Cognex is not just a job….it’s a passion
The Team: Vision Software
As part of the Vision Software Marketing group, you’ll be responsible for marketing the most sophisticated Machine Vision software in the world. Our systems are used to align, measure, recognize, and inspect all types of products from consumer electronics to automotive parts and pharmaceuticals.
The Vision Software team supports customers around the world, including the United States, Asia and Europe. Your role will be to accelerate the growth of Cognex Vision Software in the Americas.
As the business unit’s regional marketing representative, you will act as a Vision Software product expert in support of the regional sales team as they call on equipment makers, line builders and major end users. You will assist the Business Unit by becoming the expert on the Americas vision software market, and help Sales as the regional expert on vision software products.
- Support the Americas sales team as the product expert at key customer
- Train regional sales and application engineers on Vision Software products, pricing, positioning and target markets Develop technical demonstrations and custom presentations for strategic account
- Launch new products via seminars, webinars and tradeshows
- Provide market research and competitive analysis to guide new product design and sales strategy
- Basic sales or marketing skills, including business development and marketing communication
- Ability to quickly learn machine vision, and to create and deliver technical product demonstrations
- Creative, hard-working and motivated to be successful in an independent role
- English is essential, Spanish a bonus
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or a technical field such as electrical engineering or computer science
- 2-5 years sales, marketing or application engineering background in high tech products such as machine vision or factory automation, with a demonstrated history of successful customer interaction
Cognex Corp. - 10 months ago