Through a mixture of time spent in management and field production this person is responsible for safety, quality, production and excellent client service for the entire district. Must lead by example to promote a safe work culture following all industry and Care of Trees safety rules and regulatory issues. Responsible for supervising all field operations of job sites and employees. Train and supervise all field employees. Provides support to Crew Leader and teammates on a daily basis insuring excellent client service. Identify opportunities for improvements in production and cost efficiencies. Provide recommendations for improvements in production to the District Sales Manager. Review, inventory, and maintain supplies for field production. Schedule production work, evaluate jobs and employees capacity to fulfill scheduled work. Maintain positive relationship with all crews and management. Schedule required equipment maintenance (i.e. trucks, chippers, stumpers, chainsaws, etc.). Assist manager with recruiting and hiring needs to include the selection process and interviewing of candidates.
Additional Information: Hourly compensation based on qualifications and experience with a production bonus as an incentive. Davey/The Care of Trees offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, advancement opportunities and option to buy Company stock after 1 year of employment, plus access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen & Social Security # Verification required. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Employee Owned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have at least three years of tree care field experience
- Minimum of two years supervisory or foreman / crew leader experience
- Must be a Certified Arborist
- Must be a Certified Tree Worker
- Must be a Certified Tree Care Safety Professional
- Must have or obtain valid Commercial Drivers License
- Exemplify, teach, and ensure compliance with all industry and The Care of Trees safety standards and policies
- Must be able to lead by example, supervise, and give directions effectively to all team members
- Effectively coach, motivate, and train employees
- Able to resolve escalated issues between crew employees effectively and diplomatically
- Ensure that excellent client service is delivered on all jobs
- Ability to keep team on daily production tasks and goals
- Basic computer skills
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Business at The Davey Tree Expert Company is as strong as an oak. The company's roots extend back to 1880 when John Davey founded the...