DC Central Kitchen seeks a Field Production Manager to join our dynamic team and support our mission of “combating hunger and creating opportunity.” DCCK provides cooked from scratch, locally sourced nutritious meals to students at 10 schools throughout Washington DC. This position will support to Exec Chef (DCPS) in management of satellite locations, to include food quality, presentation, and time and attendance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Works Closely with Contract Foods Exec Chef on goals based on DCCK initiatives as well as DCPS objective.
- Consults with Contract Foods Exec Chef and support personnel to optimize food cost, labor cost and gross profit margin, based on forecasted targets.
- Prepare and distribute breakfast/lunch/supper to multiple school locations.
- Plans, Identifies, communicate, and delegates appropriate responsibilities to team to ensure smooth operation flow at each school site.
- Supervise a diverse staff at multiple locations.
- Monitor daily production records, daily edit checks at individual schools as well as production facilities.
- Monitor and track compliance at satellite schools.
- Assist in placing substitute employees in schools to maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Maintain accurate records of employees and inventory.
- Build and Maintain teamwork, stressing accuracy, timeliness, and customer service.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of Restaurant/Catering/Production operations.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, management, public groups and/or DCPS senior staff
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Knowledge of National School Lunch Programs a plus.
- Bilingual Skills a plus
Qualifications/Education Requirements :
- Associate Degree or equivalent in Culinary Arts or extensive cooking and production experience.
- Valid Serve Safe or Similar Food Safety Certification.
- Computer proficiency which includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with computerized POS Systems.
- 2-3 years of Supervisory/ Management duties.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Ability to lift (30) lbs., walking, standing, bending for long periods.
- Comfortable with strenuous activity.
- Travel will be required for deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings.
- Valid Driver Licenses.