Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION: Required to lead cross-functional teams on projects that could be new product introduction, product or package renovation, productivity or strategy. Leads the planning and implementation aspects of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports. This position will require managing by motivating and influencing your cross-functional team members. Provides input on evaluation of team member effectiveness.
- Lead the identification of project team members and secure their membership in the team.
- Lead the kick-off team meeting for a project to establish the project mission, scope, critical success factors and timing.
- Follow effective project management protocols, including facilitating meetings, keeping action registers and updating time lines.
- Liaison between HQ Brand, R&D, and Marketing groups to the Supply Chain at the Plant
- Work with plant to assure all aspects of Supply Chain are ready for successful project including start-up curve performance, project resourcing, balancing plant disruption costs with expediency of project execution, local training and process documentation completion, coordinating maintenance requirements, etc.
- Lead the identification of project metrics to track and gauge success.
- Lead the development of project risks and mitigation strategies.
- Communicate project problems and solutions when required.
- Manage the project budget.
- Provide project updates to stakeholders and senior leaders.
QUALIFICATIONS: Previous experience leading teams is a must. Must be a proven leader and well organized. Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills. Must be effective presenting project updates to multi-levels of management. Must be effective in holding cross-functional team members accountable to deliver their responsibilities. Must be effective in managing conflicts within the team.
EDUCATION: B.S. in Project Management or Engineering preferred. Other technical degrees and experiences will be considered.
- Four (4) years work experience in project management and leading cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proven experience in working with teams and conflict resolution.
- Experience with change management.
- Experience with using Microsoft Project or similar tools.
LOCATION: Based in the local plant but work will require travel to multiple plants depending on the current assignments.
- Team work skills essential.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Influencing and leading.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Superior organization and planning skills.
- Food plant production experience a plus.
- Systematic decision making.
- Conflict management.
- Stress tolerance.
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Monster - 17 months ago