W R Systems, Ltd. has a potential need for a Field Representative. This is an extremely exciting and challenging position in representing the Navigation Systems ISEA (In Service Engineering Activity) in the performance of Navigation Certifications (NAVCERT) and Field Change upgrades on US Navy surface ships.
The Field Representative will conduct both dockside and at sea tests, analyze collected data and be able to identify and resolve installation, technical and procedural problems. Provide expertise to resolve Navigation system interface issues with other shipboard systems and assist with the development and updating of all required documentation and procedures.
Additional responsibilities include:
Candidates must possess the following experience:
- Travels to sponsors' sites as a technical representative of project, and conducts field tests, interprets and evaluates field data, and serves as a liaison with industrial, governmental, and other sponsors.
- Prepares status, progress, and final reports for projects, describing the results of field experiments and/or inspections.
- Light-off, configure, test, troubleshoot, and operate primary systems and peripheral equipment in support of project.
- Verifies functioning of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Continuously develops skills with new technology and systems relevant to on-going and anticipated projects.
- Maintains and continuously seeks improvements upon test procedures and processes for maximum efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Provides oversight and on-the-job training to lower level technicians.
- Provides inputs to Project Managers for proposals and Statements of Work.
Must possess exceptional attention to detail and coordination skills and have the confidence and communication skills to brief senior shipboard personnel on the status of all requirements and issues.
- Eight (8) years of progressive experience performing “hands on” work in support of production, integration, installation, repair, troubleshooting, operation, or maintenance of government or commercial electronic systems or equipment.
- Two (2) years of experience providing technical guidance to lower level technicians.
- Knowledge and experience with the installation and operation of AN/WSN-7/7A/7B, NAVSSI, ECDU, VMS (ECDIS-N), EM Log, DEML, DHSYL, DSVL and other related shipboard Combat Systems equipment.
- Management of installations of electronic Tempalts, Ordalts, and Shipalts, including estimating, tracking, reporting, and directing.
- Familiarity with MSOffice suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and project.
Associate’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, or completion of formal resident trade school or apprentice program in electronics, or completion of at least two (2) U.S. Navy “C” schools in electronic equipment or systems required.
Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance required .
The selected candidate will support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: high standard of quality in conduct and performance; determination to achieve excellence; ownership; accountability; competence; collaboration; innovation; focus; drive; enthusiasm; mutual trust and respect; dedication; loyalty; and good citizenship.
W R Systems, Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sector since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses, and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran
WRSystems, Ltd. - 8 months ago