The Member Service Representative is responsible for developing and growing professional relationships with DFA stakeholders, including, members and non-members, haulers, appropriate customer personnel, regulatory authorities, and the general industry throughout the assigned area.
The Member Service Representative’s scope of responsibility includes relationship management and service for up to approximately100 member-farms producing up to 200 million pounds of milk per month. In addition, the Member Service Representative will work with a network of hauling companies and global customers to ensure an efficient supply chain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would live in or near Las Cruces, NM.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the relationship process, including existing member and potential new member education as it relates to DFA and its services
- Actively seek out member services and opportunities that can enhance member long-term viability
- Work collaboratively with Area management, fellow Member Service Representatives, cooperative staff and other industry resources to address member articulated and unarticulated needs
- Facilitate team-based approaches to member opportunities and projects
- Regularly monitor member production records, and take action where needed in regard to components and quality
- Foster positive attitudes among members through sound relationships, peer sharing, and encourage members to participate in DFA meetings and events.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in milk quality and production practices among members
- Stay aware of industry news, market trends, global national and local issues, and DFA information and service resources
- Demonstrate an understanding of all DFA services and resources available to members
- Where applicable, work with members, haulers and customers to ensure an efficient supply chain
- Ensure members meet appropriate quality and regulatory standards
- Minimum of a four year degree, required
- Background or experience in the dairy industry or other agriculture, desired
- Extensive travel
- Valid Drivers License
- Must have any certification or licenses required by the company, state or federal agencies in order to perform the required duties of the position
- Must have knowledge of how a dairy farm operates and functions
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have the skills to listen, follow and implement instructions/directives
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving ability and judgment
- Ability to understand, analyze and resolve issues surrounding the production and transportation of milk, and operation of a dairy farm
- Ability to organize, coordinate and execute job responsibilities in a timely manner
- Ability to understand and implement dairy rules as intended by regulatory agencies
- Passion for working with dairy farmers
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic work environment
Dairy Farmers of America - 15 months ago