Monsanto is currently seeking a highly motivated Field Research Assistant with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary Research Team. The Field Research Assistant will assist in all phases of a breeding program.
The successful Field Research Assistant has the opportunity to work in all operations related to field trials, seed preparation, field plot management, data collection, harvesting and trial plots.
This is a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented research scientists seeking to deliver the best corn hybrids.
• Utilization of research equipment such as planters, combines and hand held computers for note taking.
• Manage different operations, seeding, management of plants, data collection, harvest, etc.
• Assist in computer related activities and provide support for testing activities such as operation of shelling systems, seed counters, and seed packaging
• Perform safety inspections, and assist in providing safety training and guidance to field personnel.
• Supervision and training of temporary employees
• Work closely with other research sites to keep program operating efficiently
• Participate with team to successfully maintain the Quality Standards
• Assist in other projects and perform other duties as and when required
• Overnight travel during the planting and harvest season is possible. Several 2-3 days of travel for training and other meetings are likely during the year
BS degree in Agronomy or related fields
Data Collection and Analysis
Ability to work extended hours during the peak planting and harvest seasons
Experience utilizing MS Word and MS Excel
Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams
Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize tasks
Demonstrated abilility to communicate effectively, both written and oral
Basic understanding of farm equipment maintenance
• Familiarity with breeding methodologies is desired
• Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices as well as farm equipment operation and repair
• Class A CDL or ability to obtain a Class A CDL
• Pesticide applicator license.
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...