Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated Field Research Assistant with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary Research Team. The Field Research Assistant will assist in all phases of a comprehensive breeding and testing program aimed at germplasmn development and the introgression of new traits into elite cultivars.
The successful Field Research Assistant has the opportunity to manage all operations related to field trials, seed preparation, seeding, field plot management, data collection, harvesting and trial plots. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented research scientists seeking to deliver the best in crop genetics.
- Utilization of research equipment such as planters, combines and hand held computers for note taking
- Manage different operations, seeding, management of plants, crossing, self-pollinating, data collection, harvest, etc.
- Assist in computer related activities and provide support for day-to-day nursery and testing activities such as operation of shelling systems, seed counters, and seed packaging
- Shipping of nursery and testing materials
- Perform safety inspections, and assist in providing safety training and guidance to field personnel.
- Supervision and training of temporary employees
- Work closely with other research sites to keep program operating efficiently
- Participate with team to successfully maintain the ISO Quality Management Standards
- Assist in other projects and perform other duties as and when required.
- Overnight travel during the planting and harvest season is possible.
- BS in Agronomy or related fields
- Data collection and analysis
- Ability to work extended hours during the peak planting, pollinating and harvest seasons
Experience utilizing MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to work effectively with interdisiplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated abilility to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Basic understanding of farm equipment maintenance
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Familiarity with breeding methodologies is desired
- Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices as well as farm equipment operation and repair
- Class A CDL or ability to obtain a Class A CDL
- Pesticide applicator license.
Monsanto - 8 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...