The objective of the Field Sales Representative is to drive profitable revenue initiatives within the Performance Tapes (PT) Division's Southwest Territory. Act as front-line contact in building strategic relationships primarily engaging Converters, along with other value chain influencers; to drive market- and new product- development programs to closure in line with divisional priorities. This position is responsible to increase share within the market by executing top line sales goals, while creating strong customer alliances as valued promoters of Avery Dennison.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions Include:
• Identify and lead programs to grow PT’s Business. Generate ideas, complete market analyses, and lead priority commercialization programs with cross-functional teams (Sales, Technical, Finance, Operations, Logistics, Customer Service, etc.).
• Responsible for all commercial account activities identified within the Southwest Region. Primary regions includes Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico & Kansas.
• Grow the Converter base business. Strengthen and renewing relationships in the strategically focused market channel.
• Represent The PT Commercial Catalogue to target customers in the region.
• Competency in sales/commercial development through the entire value chain, including Tier 1 and OEM's. Influencing specifications and end user support for our customer's customer.
• Accountable to deliver sales consistent with budgeted profit and selling expenses.
• Provide product recommendations, technical support, and problem solving
• Uncover and assess true customer needs, while aligning value-driven solutions.
• Report back effectively on competitive intelligence within the region
• Report ongoing forecasted demand as well as unusual fluctuations which may impact service to customers.
• Lead customer negotiations and the development of long term contracts and supply agreements.
• Proactively identify new accounts using screening techniques, referrals, and prospecting to potential customers within territory.
• Develop a thorough understanding of market conditions (e.g., current customers, potential customers, competitors) in assigned territory, and develop a strategy to achieve revenue goals
• B.S in Business, Engineering, or similar field. MBA preferred.
• 3-5 years of commercial experience in sales, key account management, product management, or marketing. Pressure Sensitive Tapes or similar technical/industrial background preferred, but not required.
• Proven skills in developing sales penetration, and customer growth strategies.
• Relentless pursuit of customer satisfaction. Strong bias to creating value and customer loyalty.
• Strong Team Player. Able to work effectively engaging internal cross functional resources.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
• Competencies interacting throughout the value chain, especially with industrial Tier 1 suppliers and OEMs.
• Marketing of industrial technical from new product development to commercialization.
• High energy, self motivated, goals/results oriented. Able to effectively operate in a remote-from-HQ location.
• Ability to travel up to 75%
-This position will work remote and ideally will sit in Texas, Kansas or Oklahoma.
Physical Work Location:
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and...