INTERNAL EMPLOYEES ONLY - You must be a current regular service Lottery employee to apply for this position.
This recruitment closes on Thursday, May 2, 2013.
The Field Sales Representative Developmental will receive training in and performs work in consultation with Lottery retailers; provides coverage for an established sales route and maintains successful relationships with assigned Lottery retailers. The work includes, but is not limited to, developing and refining communication skills, presentation skills and individual professional style, maintaining an assigned group of retail accounts, assisting retailers to increase sales volume, managing inventory, and responding to questions from retailers and customers.
Under close supervision of the Area Field Manager, this job requires the ability to learn the duties of a Field Sales Representative, to receive and accept direction from the Area Field Manager and other Field Sales Representatives who may be assigned to provide mentoring. The work is guided by the ability to read and apply policies and procedures including applicable Lottery Policies and Procedures, the Retail Operations Field Manual, and other guidelines and procedures.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. *Cultivate and maintain favorable relations with assigned retail accounts in an effort to maximize the sales of Lottery products in those accounts.
This position must maintain and cultivate positive relationships between the retailers and the Lottery. The relationship must be professional, participatory, and responsive when responding to retailer issues, concerns, or problems to ensure Lottery retailers and players are treated with respect and given quality customer service which is one of the Lottery’s primary goals.
Contribute to Lottery sales by assisting in researching and resolving customer problems. Listen to and give timely answers to retailer and player questions or concerns as needed or refer to appropriate Lottery staff.
Receive training to communicate with retailers about laws, rules, policies, contracts and assist retailers with compliance as needed. Communicate pertinent information to Lottery retailers and Lottery employees, on a timely basis, regarding contracts, promotions, changes in policies and procedures, training needs, or other issues.
Respond to requests for information, equipment, training, and products or relay requests to appropriate Lottery staff. Assist with resolving retailer and player disputes as needed.
Track completion of assigned field initiatives including: updating point-of-purchase (POP) material, installing merchandising fixtures, placing new Lottery banners, updating and keeping all game slip holders current, and ensuring all retail sites have adequate supplies for traditional and video sales.
2. *Assist the Lottery to reach sales goals through making timely and complete effective sales calls which includes managing the sales activities of assigned accounts, encouraging product sales, and motivating retailers to increase their individual sales.
Present all promotional materials, new Scratch-it and On-line games and promotions, new Video games and terminal information. Identify and implement sales producing initiatives such as; Retailer promotions, placement of permanent merchandising fixtures, Retailer training, and placement of game POP material. Facilitate the adoption of Lottery Retailer best practices acting as a Lottery sales consultant.
Present Quarterly Business Reviews to Key contact people.
3. *To ensure sales call efficiency, keep an adequate inventory of supplies and products in vehicle for retailer sales calls.
Maintain an adequate supply of POP materials, other merchandising materials, products, and supplies. Maintain an adequate supply of minor repair parts and cleaning supplies to meet maintenance needs. Complete and submit required paperwork and accounting records for inventory of supplies and parts in a timely manner.
4. *Working with the Area Field Manager and or assigned mentor, analyze sales data to maximize sales potential of assigned retailer base.
Using Order Pad, review business reviews, commission level reports, and other various reports routinely to consult with each retailer in an effort to enhance retailer participation and optimize sales for each retailer.
5. *Plan and maintain a retailer sales call schedule which provides efficiency of driving and call time.
Maintain a sales call and customer service route while ensuring retailer compliance of Lottery rules and contract. This requires maintaining professional behavior on a daily basis while in contact with a large number of widely varying personalities at each business establishment, and where the consumption of alcohol, belligerent language, and threat of violence may be factors. Ensure timely vehicle service and repairs in order to maintain the efficiency of driving and customer service to retailers.
Provide Quality Customer Service. Respond to customers and organizations needs by providing an efficient and effective call cycle. Provide follow through for all customer and organizational needs in a timely and efficient manner.
6. *Attend meetings to increase knowledge of Lottery products and equipment, and to improve customer service skills to ensure that retailers receive quality and efficient customer service.
Learn and stay current with Lottery procedures, issues, and regulations affecting retailers by reviewing manuals, and current materials.
7. Participate in special projects as assigned.
The Field Sales Representative Developmental interacts with all levels of Lottery staff, vendors, retailers, players, the general public, and law enforcement officials. This is done in person, by telephone, or through electronic or written communication.
Working environments include the retailer establishments, vehicles, storage units, Lottery office, the Field Sales Representative’s home, and/or other facilities. At least 90% of the time worked is in the field at the assigned retailer establishments. These working environments involve exposure to temperature extremes, heights, loud music, belligerent language, threat of violence, and other hazards.
Occasional lifting up to 70 pounds of supplies and equipment, or assist with moving up to 300 pound pieces of equipment. Working irregular hours (i.e., nights, evenings, and weekends) is required. Driving in inclement weather and unpredictable road conditions, which may involve long distance and driving at night may be required.
Associate’s degree and one year of customer service experience which included interpreting and explaining policies and procedures to clients and the general public; OR
Three years of customer service experience which included interpreting and explaining policies and procedures to clients and the general public.
• Possession of valid driver license.
• Ability to persuade and influence decisions.
• Demonstrated effective time management skill.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Lottery policies and products.
• Demonstrated skill in interpreting laws, rules, policies and procedures, and applying interpretations to specific situations; and performing administrative support functions requiring independent judgment, decision making, and problem resolution.
• Demonstrated skill in effective listening; communicating, both orally and in writing about decisions, services, or programs; resolving problems through negotiation; and maintaining effective relationships with agency personnel, retailers, and vendors.
• Demonstrated skill in dealing with irate and hostile individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
• Demonstrated ability to use personal computer for communicating via e-mail, word processing, and information research.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently using good judgment.
APPLY NOW!! Visit http://www.oregonlottery.org/jobs/
The results of this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
The Oregon Lottery® reserves the right to change, withdraw, close, or re-post job announcements as business needs dictate.
ORS 461.150 (5) states, "No person shall be employed by the state lottery who has been convicted of a felony or any gambling related offense." A background investigation is required prior to job offer which includes fingerprinting, criminal history, credit history (based on the position), tax records, driving record, affiliation with the gaming industry, and checking employment references and character references.
Lottery Ethics Policy prohibits employees from holding any legal or economic interest in the gaming industry . If you currently hold interest in the gaming industry this does not disqualify you from consideration in a position with the Lottery. If you are the successful applicant, you would need to dispose of the holdings prior to employment. (This does not apply to an investment in a mutual fund or a blind trust, or a time or demand deposit in a financial institution, shares in a credit union, the cash surrender value of life insurance, or American Indian tribal dividends.)
*Salary level will be based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. All employees and members of their immediate family, regardless of where they live, are prohibited-by-law from playing Oregon Lottery® games.
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, persons with disabilities who believe they need reasonable accommodation, or help in order to apply for this position, may call 503-540-1315 or email email@example.com
Per ORS 408.225, 408.230, and 408.235 relating to Veterans Preference for public employment, to receive Veterans Preference, include a copy of your DD214/DD215 or Veterans' disability preference letter (unless information is included in the DD214/DD215) with your application material.
THE OREGON LOTTERY® IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY.