The Outside Sales Representative works for Interline Brands in the Barnett Pro Contractor Supplies division. The Outside Sales Representative for Barnett PRO Contractor Supplies will be responsible for business development. The customers and prospects will focus heavy on service and new construction plumbers. General, HVAC and electrical contractors are also accounts and prospects. An individual in this position will be expected to profitably grow sales, to achieve annual sales and margin goals for current core customers and emerging customers. In addition this position is responsible for prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and for selling Barnett’s Value Added Programs.
Generate new business and create incremental sale growth in existing accounts. Utilize technology, national accounts and customer referrals to generate additional plumbing contractor prospects. Have a targeted call plan that includes capturing additional customer spend, sell our value added programs and bidding select opportunities.
- · Build relationships with key decision makers to create partnerships that promote collaboration in marketing, supply chain and ultimately increased spend.
- . Develop and execute strategies for gaining new business and increasing business with existing customers by profiling and presenting how Barnett can add value to their business by becoming their primary supplier through increased sales, reduction of costs and increased productivity with our supply chain programs
- · Share market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization. Maintain professional relationships with key Corporate Departments
- · Identify customer product needs and coordinate fulfillment of with operations and inventory teams
- · Achieve monthly sales goals laid out by management team and corporate
- · Assist in training of counter sales associates.
- Three years plus of outside sales preferred
- Experience in solution/consultative selling preferred
- Knowledge of plumbing and contractor product lines preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Career Level Dimensions:
- Nature of work requires independence; receives guidance only on complex problems or issues.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Strong industry and market knowledge.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong multi-tasking capability.
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
- Must pass Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable.
- Must have a clean driving record.
Interline Brands - 17 months ago