ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Responsible for managing the activities and improving the sales performance of two (2) or more neighborhood sales associates. Leads the team in prospecting, developing and closing sales in defined geographic areas. Coaches and mentors sales team efforts. Collaborates with sales team members to acquire new customers and retain existing customers.
- Assists in recruiting and selecting the appropriate personnel to efficiently staff the sales function and provides for their on-going training and development.
- Assists in determining work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow.
- Assists in evaluating associate performance, makes salary recommendations and administers disciplinary actions consistent with company policy.
- Assists in establishing sales goals with each sales representative and monitors progress toward goals. Ensures marketing/sales calls are performed to meet sales goals as established by branch sales plans and retention standards.
- Ensures individual and team productivity and sales results are accurately recorded daily. Monitors results of sales plans and takes immediate corrective action when results fall short of sales goals. Communicates results and activities daily to Branch Sales Manager.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates. Ensures effective work environment adjusting for errors and complaints.
- Performs or assists subordinates in performing duties by selling programs and services to existing and prospective customers through means of traveling around assigned territory.
- Conducts lawn analysis, advises customers of problems with lawn and landscape and determines appropriate solution. Determines pricing by measuring and calculating square footage to branch price list.
- Estimates date of service to customer based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
- Conducts follow-up of leads through means of person-to-person contact to identify customer needs.
Education and Experience Requirements
- The ServiceMaster Commitment
- Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
- Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
- Change Mastery
- Relationship Building/Sensitivity
- Talent Development
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Organizing and Planning
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) or four or more (4 ) years senior level or lead experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience in outside sales preferred
- Certification as required by federal, state or local law
- Ability to lead and influence others
- General knowledge of the industry, organization, products, and/or services
- Knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, cold-calling, overcoming objections, closing sales, etc.)
- Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
- Ability to build customer relationships and provide appropriate levels of customer service
- Demonstrated success in building and leading a sales team
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to travel locally on an extensive basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ServiceMaster - 19 months ago
ServiceMaster merrily mows, scrubs, sprays, and trims. A giant in its industry, the company serves millions of commercial and residential...