Primarily supports group sales, group service and external broker team in the effective communication and training of new hire or current information, changing operational procedures, changing industry information and skills/talent development.
Essential Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• Designs and develops a variety of sales and technical training programs, including but not limited to, new hire training, sales systems training, product training and on-line training.
• Creates a variety of training related materials including participant guides, e-learning material, multimedia presentations, leaders’ guides, quick reference cards, and evaluations.
• Assesses and revises existing training materials, as needed.
• Anticipates potential obstacles and meets timeframes for multiple deliverables relating to training.
• Facilitates training, as assigned: new hire training, Siebel updates, iFacets updates, desk level procedures. Facilitates additional sales training to support ongoing initiatives.
• Identifies improvements to internal efficiencies in line with training initiatives and strategy.
• Schedules and manages training meetings and logistics (on and off site).
• Maintains sales training database; to include training compliance, sales licenses and continuing education.
• Maintains sales communication tool.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Level II - Additional responsibilities:
• Performs detailed need and data analysis and creates recommendations, as appropriate.
• Provides input to management in peer evaluation; serves as a mentor for junior level staff.
• Works with sales management team to identify performance opportunities and goals.
• Anticipates how the industry and corporate changes may affect sales / service job functions, procedures and best practices and works to identify new processes to support changes.
• Deciphers and assimilates complex sales communications within the Sales training program.
• Delivers advanced presentations to external broker and employer groups, as needed.
• Facilitates advanced sales skills training (Socratic Selling, Executing Strategy) and skill practice workshops.
• Coach sales/service management team on development of talents, sales skills/presentation skills, etc.
• Works 1:1 with sales to develop finalist presentations; helps to identify goals, reviews for content, format and flow.
• May represents the training department in Health Plan committee meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field with a minimum of three years of Training Development and Delivery experience, good stage presence and presentation skills. In lieu of degree, two years of college level course work with a minimum of five years relevant training experience, good stage presence and presentation skills.
• Minimum of two years healthcare industry experience.
• Knowledge of Adult Learning Principles and formal instructional design methodologies; the ability to develop training for a variety of different mediums.
• Microsoft Office Proficiency – intermediate level skills - MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
• Proven ability to work with minimal direct supervision
• Good time management skills, ability to manage projects, to adhere to timelines and due dates
• Exceptional communications skills – verbal and written
• Understand the approved budget and work to ensure events remain in budget
• Understand how his/her contributions affect the Field Sales Learning and Development team and the broader Sales organization
• Participate in his/her personal development by executing on action items agreed upon with his/her Manager throughout the year
Level II – Additional qualifications:
• Minimum of five years of sales, training and/or development experience, with advanced platform and coaching skills
• Proven advanced research and development skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Adult Learning Principles and formal instructional design methodologies; the ability to develop training for a variety of different mediums.
• Expert user of MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
• Proven advanced ability to confidently deliver sales skills training to sales / brokers / external groups.
• Proven ability to analyze the core processes of other EHP teams and easily incorporate connections into sales / service training.
• Strong problem resolution skills.
• Understand how the work assignments directly support the corporate strategy.
This position requires travel within all EHP regions (Buffalo, Syracuse, Utica, Elmira, Binghamton, Schoharie and Watertown) as well as occasional overnight travel. Must have the ability to travel
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer